DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wouldn't it be nice if the Mavic Pro Gimbal Was Removable?

ImpConcepts

Reactions
I do not know about you all but I would like to see the Mavic Gimbal made detachable, (Plug and Play). Seems it is very fragile and if it gets damaged, the whole Mavic has to be returned as opposed to simply replacing the gimbal.

The Phantoms were plug and play just 4 drop pins, and 2 wires and then it was replaceable.

The Mavics gimbal is replaceable and is plug and play but you have to take the top body off. I sell them and also install them.

How much are replacement gimbals? it may pay to get spare. and are there instructions some place for doing the work?

Ive sold hundreds of parts and gimbals for the Mavic and Phantom series to hobbyists who do self-repair. It depends on an individuals skill level and experience repairing RC and/or electronics. An average person with little mechanical ability who doesnt feel comfortable taking his Mavic apart is better off letting me, DJI, or a hobby shop do the work.

Ive sold hundreds of parts and gimbals for the Mavic and Phantom series to hobbyists who do self-repair. It depends on an individuals skill level and experience repairing RC and/or electronics. An average person with little mechanical ability who doesnt feel comfortable taking his Mavic apart is better off letting me, DJI, or a hobby shop do the work.

I, for one am glad that entities and suppliers like you exist. I would rather do my own work in a heartbeat than send it off for god knows how long.
Keep expanding your parts line!

Presumably that price for the gimbal is simply because of supply constraints... no way that camera and mechanism cost that much to manufacture

Presumably that price for the gimbal is simply because of supply constraints... no way that camera and mechanism cost that much to manufacture
No one sells for what it costs to produce something, but I'd bet it'd be that much or more from DJI, and then you'd have the labor on top of that. Sounds pretty close to me.

Spare parts always sell for much more than their "contribution" in the complete device's price.

Spare parts always sell for much more than their "contribution" in the complete device's price.

Yes very true and also the price for spare parts typically remains the same as time passes. Not sure if it applies to drones but it does apply to most items I have repaired.
I suspect drone parts might go down due to a sell off of mavics when the mav2 comes out.

Rob

Yes. I would like to see a plug n play gimbal. Upgrades and replacement for damage would save money vs buying a new drone.

Yes very true and also the price for spare parts typically remains the same as time passes. Not sure if it applies to drones but it does apply to most items I have repaired.
I suspect drone parts might go down due to a sell off of mavics when the mav2 comes out.

Rob
Yes that's when the competition and supply situation increases.

Unless... the Mavic 2 still used many former parts, the demand for those spare parts would likely increase with the new sales, possibly offsetting any downward pricing pressure.

So, Robbyg we would be right back to your original sentence.

You know what would be even better, the possibility to replace the gimbal and camera to an even better camera..
but sadly, I don't think DJI will ever do this..

Reactions: dslater
Doesn't the Karma cover all if not most of these requests?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143