DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wow.... that’s all I can say! ?

Numone

Reactions
Having been a DJI fan since buying our P3A three years ago, with which I made in excess of 500 flights without a single incident and gained a huge amount great photographs; I absolutely love it.
However, transporting it was a pain, so I took the plunge and three weeks ago, I bought a MP2, but SWMBO insisted I wasn’t allowed to touch it til my 60th on the 12th!
On opening the box, I was simply blown-away at the quality of the AC and Remote; it really is a huge improvement on the already great P3A. Due to bad weather, all I was able to test fly was in the tripod program in the house which was incredible - the stability of was amazing. The drone then got packed into the lovely Fly More case, cramming in the AC, remote, charger and mains cable, the two additional batteries, anemometer, two additional 128GB SD Cards in cases, two pairs of OE props and the USB adapter as the following day I took it to the West of Ireland... where it’s been blowing 40 - 50 mph gusts and pouring with rain for three days straight! Might be better in the next couple of days which’ll allow me to really get a feel for the Mavic. Can’t wait... here’s hoping. ??

Congrats on a great gift to yourself, and Happy Birthday [emoji512].
You have an awesome craft, and Beautiful places to fly in (hopefully soon).
We’ve had nothing but rain and high winds here too [emoji35].
Did you get the Zoom or the Pro? You’ll love either one.
Enjoy, and be safe [emoji106]

Aww, thanks. Yep it’s a Pro2. My main interest is photography, hence the larger image sensor and manual aperture control appealed the most. I’ll try out the 4k mode too mind you!
Ahh man! Lucky you! I opted out from the pro2 and settle with the zoom. Lots of info out there with people not happy with the 1 inch sensor performance. After watching countless of comparison videos of both, came to a conclusion that the zoom was better for myself. I hope the Mavic 3 gives us both worlds.

I was simply blown-away at the quality of the AC and Remote;

Numone: I too am very happy that you were blown away with the new aircraft and you definitely made the correct choice with photography being your main interest. Don't forget to post some of your work so we can see how you're doing with the new toy.

I have both the M2P and M2Z. I just got through flying the M2P early this morning. Put ISO and 400, shutter at 1/50, 5.6. Just looked at the video and it was crystal clear. I love these machines. Have an awesome time flying your pro. Get filters for more fun if you are going to do video.

Have fun!

Reactions: Numone and strdr
Why does everyone call it a Mavic Pro 2 but nobody says Mavic Zoom 2?
It is obvious why, there already is a Mavic Pro model, it's been around for years, but there has never been a Mavic Zoom. Therefore, if someone tells you they have a Mavic Pro, you should assume they have the old original Mavic Pro, but if they tell you they have a Mavic Pro 2, then you know they have the new Mavic 2 Pro (which is the correct name) and not the old one. Likewise, if they tell you they have a Zoom or a Mavic Zoom, you know there is currently only one model with the word Zoom in it, so they must have the new Mavic 2 Zoom. Hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Zoom, I considered it when I recently got my MPP a few weeks ago but couldn't justify the extra $500 since my main interest wasn't as much the photography but the high tech flying abilities of the drone. The 4k video trick capabilities, 30 minute flight times and quieter efficient ESC's of the props were the focus of my price point. Being a fixed wing RC pilot for many years I thought it was a good time to expand my hobby into drones. I only flew it for the 2nd flight yesterday at my RC Club AMA field and it's performance was flawless. Looking forward to a lot of fun with it this summer! Hope you do the same my friend...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada