DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wow.... that’s all I can say! ?

Congratulations on your Zoom, I considered it when I recently got my MPP a few weeks ago but couldn't justify the extra $500 since my main interest wasn't as much the photography but the high tech flying abilities of the drone. The 4k video trick capabilities, 30 minute flight times and quieter efficient ESC's of the props were the focus of my price point. Being a fixed wing RC pilot for many years I thought it was a good time to expand my hobby into drones. I only few it for the 2nd flight yesterday at my RC Club AMA field and it's performance was flawless. Looking forward to a lot of fun with it this summer! Hope you do the same my friend...

That's nice! A field you can fly with no one getting flustered! I haven't flown mines but only inside my living room. And it has been a blast. It just hovers so well balanced and I was shocked how quiet it was. I was expecting a weed whacked but nope... Nice drone for sure. Love and can't wait to take it out doors. I'm inside a major city within a 5 miles radius of the big birds. And regulations are spewing out the rear about drones. Not to mention people here are terrifies of them so everyone moans. Only solution is to head to the hills and be left alone with mature. Good luck to you too... Happy summer! Hope I don't attract mountain lions... :\

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Ahh man! Lucky you! I opted out from the pro2 and settle with the zoom. Lots of info out there with people not happy with the 1 inch sensor performance. After watching countless of comparison videos of both, came to a conclusion that the zoom was better for myself. I hope the Mavic 3 gives us both worlds.
I remember someone saying once that if you're into serious photography, making professional movies, taking professional photo's etc, the Pro 2 is the way to go. If you're into just taking video's and flying as more of just a hobby, the zoom would be the better choice. It was for this reason that I chose the zoom. The zoom is still a very good camera and being able to zoom in on wildlife and such was good enough for me. Also the price is about 300 less than the Pro 2. The zoom takes better images than I have ever seen from camcorders, smart phones, etc.

Errr... back on topic... ?
Great thinks I... no rain, quite bright and wind at 5-10 mph. Fire up the M2P (I noted the MP2 ? but I think M2P is better for those pilots who have a M2Z) and...... nothing! My PIL house is now in a bloody NFZ due to the GA stadium in the town! ? Sheesh!!!
So I’ve had to self authorise and now have to wait til tomorrow to fly - dunno why DJI wouldn’t accept today’s date. Ahhh well, sposed to be an even better day to fly than today, so?it’ll work! All I wanna do is test the darned thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
It is obvious why, there already is a Mavic Pro model, it's been around for years, but there has never been a Mavic Zoom. Therefore, if someone tells you they have a Mavic Pro, you should assume they have the old original Mavic Pro, but if they tell you they have a Mavic Pro 2, then you know they have the new Mavic 2 Pro (which is the correct name) and not the old one. Likewise, if they tell you they have a Zoom or a Mavic Zoom, you know there is currently only one model with the word Zoom in it, so they must have the new Mavic 2 Zoom. Hope that clears things up for you.
Didn't need any clearing up. It was a rhetorical question. Trying to guide people (even people who own one) to call it by its correct name, the Mavic 2 Pro. Maybe they should have called it the Mavic 2 Hasselblad!

So fed up now. Even though I have the authorisation to fly in the NFZ, it resolutely will not - shows the NFZ, takes off and auto lands 15 seconds later. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I ask as I’m sure it’ll be OE!

So fed up now. Even though I have the authorisation to fly in the NFZ, it resolutely will not - shows the NFZ, takes off and auto lands 15 seconds later. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I ask as I’m sure it’ll be OE!
You updated the firmware. Mine does the same. Now the EVO owner are going to poo all over us

You updated the firmware. Mine does the same. Now the EVO owner are going to poo all over us
Yep, I did indeed, but actually, I’ve just solved it. One has to hit “Yes” to the question, “Do you want to Authorise this flight?” (or words to this effect) in the NFZ warning box and then tick three more saying it all down you you, blah, blah You then get a good to go! So, as I suspected, OE - Operator Error!
1st impressions with a five min flight? Stable, quieter, love the 1080 app view, and the pics? Am-may-zing! It’s a yes from me!

Yep, I did indeed, but actually, I’ve just solved it. One has to hit “Yes” to the question, “Do you want to Authorise this flight?” (or words to this effect) in the NFZ warning box and then tick three more saying it all down you you, blah, blah You then get a good to go! So, as I suspected, OE - Operator Error!
1st impressions with a five min flight? Stable, quieter, love the 1080 app view, and the pics? Am-may-zing! It’s a yes from me!
Was about to mention that. It just wants your phone number in case they need to arrest you. Haha.

Oh yeah, it's a beautiful machine. I have no regrets myself. I haven't even flown it officially. Can't wait to try it

Aww, thanks. Yep it’s a Pro2. My main interest is photography, hence the larger image sensor and manual aperture control appealed the most. I’ll try out the 4k mode too mind you!
Just thought I'd share with you a pc I did yesterday with my Mavic2Pro. I Like you, am ONLY interested in using the drone for my Photography. I am sharing one image I did of a local waterfall where I live. I TOTALLY agree with your analogy WOW!!!! I too have NO regrets. I would add one other comment IF I may, and that is IF?? you can afford it , GET!!! the smart controller the 2 together are a PERFECT compliment too each other. Bill

Attachments

• Cullasaja Falls verticle Drone Image 4-19-2019.jpg
    Cullasaja Falls verticle Drone Image 4-19-2019.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
Here is an unretouched pic taken a couple of days ago. No, it’s not that high or that incredible but it shows how good that 20mp cam is.

Just thought I'd share with you a pc I did yesterday with my Mavic2Pro. I Like you, am ONLY interested in using the drone for my Photography. I am sharing one image I did of a local waterfall where I live. I TOTALLY agree with your analogy WOW!!!! I too have NO regrets. I would add one other comment IF I may, and that is IF?? you can afford it , GET!!! the smart controller the 2 together are a PERFECT compliment too each other. Bill
I purchased mine with the SmartController. Can't wait to put it in the air. That is a long exposure shot yes.. Very nice.

Reactions: Numone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580