DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wraps, covers silicone jackets etc

Reactions
Apart from the obvious benefit of avoiding scuffing or scratching do people think that there is any advantage to having a wrap or silicone jacket on the drone? Is there any loss of flight time from extra weight or loss of aerodynamics? Do they help with dust or moisture exclusion? What about the smart controller any recommendations there?
Thanks Pete.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I have Wrapgrade on my M2P. No ill effects. I tried a Silicone jacket, which came off inflight the first time. It did not result in a crash, but others have not been so lucky. I don't recommend them. Don't know about SC.

Reactions: peterowensbabs
We know of a lot of pilots that use them for various purpouses such as protection and visibility. Wouldn't imagine they would have much of a noticeable effect on flight time.

My Mavic Pro is wrapped in Wrapgrade Fluorescent Yellow. I have had no problems with it and it is definitely more visible. It has been wrapped for 2 years now and hasn't peeled. Wrapgrade makes excellent wraps imo. I plan on getting another Wrapgrade skin for my Mavic 2 Pro.
I agree with Wrapgrade. I did my M2Z with Neon Orange and boy does it stand out! Really helps the LOS with my old eyes. Looks somewhat 'official' as a side benefit though certainly not a reason for doing such.

I use them and like them but I can't see where they improve flight visibility much. Anything but camo would be good for a lost drone I would think. Best of all ..change them and you have a new drone..kinda

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54