DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong language

Ironace

Reactions
Smart controller flying a MA2.... I believe I have everything set to english and all announcements are in english EXCEPT when there is a nearby aircraft warning. The nearby aircraft warning sounds like it is in Chinese... Has anyone else had this issue and if you did what did you do to fix it???

Not familar with Smart Controller, but it is Android. Had two Samsung Galaxies that when I googled anything sounded like that on response. If controller has a setting for speech rate, slow it down, it fixed my phones.
Good Luck, maybe someone with one knows more about issue.

Not familar with Smart Controller, but it is Android. Had two Samsung Galaxies that when I googled anything sounded like that on response. If controller has a setting for speech rate, slow it down, it fixed my phones.
Good Luck, maybe someone with one knows more about issue.

thanks but it definitely isn't a speech rate issue, it is clearly a different language. Plus all the rest of the announcements are fine.

Reactions: Broken Arrow
Smart controller flying a MA2.... I believe I have everything set to english and all announcements are in english EXCEPT when there is a nearby aircraft warning. The nearby aircraft warning sounds like it is in Chinese... Has anyone else had this issue and if you did what did you do to fix it???
Ironace, I don't t use the Smart Controller but I have definitely experienced the Chinese voice with my MA2. If you read the comments in the video Brennan from DJI contacted me directly about this issue. See my video...

Ironace, I don't t use the Smart Controller but I have definitely experienced the Chinese voice with my MA2. If you read the comments in the video Brennan from DJI contacted me directly about this issue. See my video...

YES... I believe this is what I am hearing. I was going to try to capture it today but we had high winds all day. In any case I live near the largest regional airport in Virginia (Manassas class D airspace) and 16 mile south of Dulles International so I get lots of warnings. I did not have this issue until I starting using the Smart controller.

Note that I because of the area I fly in (Washington DC SFR and as described above), I use Kittyhawk and LAANC to get authorization before any flight. I also "dive to the deck" if I have VLOS of any nearby aircraft that looks to be low. I know I could turn off ADS-B but really don't want to or think it would be a good idea.

In any case I will reply to the comment in your video and see if Brennan has any updates.

Its a bug in DJI's Android version of DJI Fly. I've had it occur occasionally since the drone first launched and DJI still hasn't fixed it.

Reactions: Thomas B
I had the same thing. Happened all the time with the aircraft warning, yet on the phone app it was written in English. Now it seems to be gone. But only the 1 thing. I looked around and tried to search for a fix, but nothing out there.

Never had it with iPad and I see the warning every day. Dawgpilot is on to something!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada