DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WTB - Any Aussies with a spare mini 2 kit they'd like to sell ?

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
As per the title, a teen son of one of the neighbours is keen on getting his first drone.
They asked me knowing I am into the forums and latest etc.

Looking at Aussie pilots who might be able to assist, due to the problems of shipping batteries and those costs etc.

A little limited in budget, so I suggested getting a good 2nd hand quality drone like the mini 2 to learn the ropes, still take some good photos and video, and get the best value for his recent birthday money.

So if anyone's got a little mini 2 kit somewhere gathering dust and want to make a 15 yo's year, drop me a reply or PM (Conversation) and let me know what you've got and what sort of $ you're wanting.

I'm sure the mini 2, with 2 or 3 batteries, charger, and a controller would be ok.
Maybe in a case would be nice, but he can pick one up later.

Thanks in advance for reading.
(Will post in the Australia section too.)

Reactions: McGanksta
As per the title, a teen son of one of the neighbours is keen on getting his first drone.
They asked me knowing I am into the forums and latest etc.

Looking at Aussie pilots who might be able to assist, due to the problems of shipping batteries and those costs etc.

A little limited in budget, so I suggested getting a good 2nd hand quality drone like the mini 2 to learn the ropes, still take some good photos and video, and get the best value for his recent birthday money.

So if anyone's got a little mini 2 kit somewhere gathering dust and want to make a 15 yo's year, drop me a reply or PM (Conversation) and let me know what you've got and what sort of $ you're wanting.

I'm sure the mini 2, with 2 or 3 batteries, charger, and a controller would be ok.
Maybe in a case would be nice, but he can pick one up later.

Thanks in advance for reading.
(Will post in the Australia section too.)

I have a Mavic Mini, as new - 1 x 5 minute flight. Bought to train self on how to fly prior to my University getting a P4. Uni then found it already had a P3 so trained on that. Comes with spare props, 2 batteries and LifThor MjolNir Tablet holder, cables, carry case. Also will throw in either a Nokia T20 or Lenovo M10 HD tablet - you chose which one ...both are new but have not used them with the UAV. How much ?? I have been looking for a learner to use this setup,so what about $50 plus postage from Brisbane. Estimate 3kg when packed. If you are interested send me your email address and I'll send you photos of the collection. Neville. [email protected]

I have a Mavic Mini, as new - 1 x 5 minute flight. Bought to train self on how to fly prior to my University getting a P4. Uni then found it already had a P3 so trained on that. Comes with spare props, 2 batteries and LifThor MjolNir Tablet holder, cables, carry case. Also will throw in either a Nokia T20 or Lenovo M10 HD tablet - you chose which one ...both are new but have not used them with the UAV. How much ?? I have been looking for a learner to use this setup,so what about $50 plus postage from Brisbane. Estimate 3kg when packed. If you are interested send me your email address and I'll send you photos of the collection. Neville. [email protected]

Sounds great to me !

I suggested to his dad yesterday the mini or mini 2.
They were looking at a fellow that 'refurbs' them, but I said be careful as 2nd hand drones can be fraught with issues.

I'll tell them about it today and pretty sure they'd jump at it.

Thanks Neville, might as well get the photos first and show them those as well, will be in touch via email shortly.

Thanks @Nifty that arrived fine late last week, I left it to open once the neighbours returned from an Easter break away.
Did that this morning with the lad and his dad.

All present and accounted for, batteries and controller still fully charged.
Downloaded the Fly app onto his phone for now, set up a DJI account for him, left software version check for later, will see what's on it and look at updating later if beneficial.

Took them down the local park for a first flight to test out etc.
Went well until it started to sprinkle rain just a little uncomfortably, so didn't fly too much of the first battery.

Back at their house I downloaded OpenSky to his phone and showed him how that works, bookmarked CASA drone site and went through the 3 big ones with him (120m, not over people / property, VLOS), showed him YouTube tutorials for first flight, settings, etc . . . so he's on the right track.

Once he's proficient enough, next trip or three, I'll find a suitable top ball mount tablet holder to take the larger device in the Lifthor, or will pick something up locally.
That will really enhance the whole flight experience for him.

Thanks again Nifty, he's pretty wrapped with his first run and will do another park fly with him and my drones when the weather clears in a few days.

Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1