DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WTB compass/ gps module

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m looking to by a working used gps/ compass module for my Mavic Pro.
I don’t have $75 for new one and hope
Someone has a crashed Mavic they can
Sell the module out of…

There's This one on eBay bidding at $30 currently. They claim that it works but I'm not sure. It doesn't look good to my inexperienced eyes. Maybe have @PhiliusFoggg take a look at it. He should know if it's good or not.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Sorry to disappoint but I have absolutely no idea. It's impossible to say from a photo. :-(
You have only the seller's rep to go on and any obvious damage.
I think the only way us "mere mortals" can test things like this is to fit them and see if they work.
Even then, if it does not work can one be certain that it is the replacement part that is wonky or is it something else that it connects to?
I face this problem myself and the only way I can check a 'new' second hand part is to fit it to a drone that is working and see if the 'new' part causes problems.
For this reason I have yet to test a set of second hand, forward OA sensors for a Mavic 2 and I am WAY past the return window so if they are bust, tough luck.

The one thing I would say is, if JohnnyD913 is going to bid, aim to do so in the last few seconds.
I normally place my bid in the last 20 seconds and aim to confirm it at 3 or 2 seconds. The reason being, it stops me getting sucked into a bidding war and it doesn't give many folks a chance to counter if my bid is the highest ........ unless they themselves had a bid awaiting confirmation.
It also helps keep the price down, good for me not so good for the seller.

Well after posting earlier on went on eBay and that is my $30 bid…
Lol..
Now tho after further thought and reading your all’s post I may retract the bid..
Like phililusfoggg says, bet the last few seconds..
I’ll prolly open mine up and look for loose wires first tho..
Thank you for your help

"I’ll prolly open mine up and look for loose wires first tho.." ONLY fiddle with it if it is scrap and be careful not to cut those wire or scrape track insulation if you are trying to remove glue or sealant.

Actually having looked at the photos I would be inclined to ask if this came from a drone that got wet.
I am a bit concerned about the white markings in the attached and about the black one too. The white stuff could have a perfectly safe origin but best to check and to wait and see what anyone else says/thinks about these marks.
The black may be a trick of the lighting as it looks silver in the other photo but the light weight metal used in these covers can suffer greatly if they get wet with salt water, I am not sure how they react to fresh water.

Attachments

• mavic pro IMU c&P.jpg
    mavic pro IMU c&P.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually having looked at the photos I would be inclined to ask if this came from a drone that got wet.
I am a bit concerned about the white markings in the attached and about the black one too. The white stuff could have a perfectly safe origin but best to check and see what anyone else says about these marks.
The black may be a trick of the lighting as it looks silver in the other photo but the light weight metal used in these covers can suffer greatly if they get wet with salt water, I am not sure how they react to fresh water.
Good observations. <I knew he'd come through>

I am a bit concerned about the white markings in the attached and about the black one too. The white stuff could have a perfectly safe origin but best to check and see what anyone else says about these marks.
Your right…
I’m going to retract my bid…
I’ll either wait on another or get a new one when I can..

Your right…
I’m going to retract my bid…
I’ll either wait on another or get a new one when I can..
You could always purchase it, test it, and if it's defective, you could return it free of charge since it's not as described.

Thanks to Philiusfoggg and BSauce955..
I appreciate ur help and advice on this..
I cancelled my bid cause of what Philiusfoggg said..
Said it looked water damaged..
I contacted seller and ask but no reply about damage..
My bid was retracted and I’ll be paying much closer attention..
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji