DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wuhan Coronavirus

Zyka

Reactions
It's terrible news of this virus spreading around the globe and my condolences to all those affected by this virus, directly or indirectly.

That being said, due to the international shortage of the much sought after batteries, I am waiting on some for my MM to be delivered (via vendor in AU) but i just had a thought on this matter:

Scientists are still unsure of the way Wuhan Coronavirus is transmitted and the length of time it can survive outside a human host. As this the case, I will be taking precautions with my batteries that will (hopefully) be delivered in the next few weeks. Hopefully we will have a better understanding on how the virus is transmitted by then and its life-cycle.

Just in case though, I thought it may be an idea to bring this subject up here, where we span the entire globe, using products that are in high demand and produced in China.

Obviously the same could be said with about 60%, or more, of what we use in day to day life, but this is slightly different as with the massive back order on these batteries from DJI, there will be many of them that spend little to no time sitting on shelves allowing a chance to sanitize any contagions to die.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

• Wow
Reactions: JS1600
Yes I get a lot of stuff from China other than drone parts
and hadn’t thought about it. That would be all we need.
Normally I would move this to OT but will leave it here
as it is important.
Really not sure how to handle this though .Maybe they
will get it contained soon.

All my stuff from ebay recently is unopened at the moment and in a big rubbish bag for quarantine, I used gloves to handle it.
You don't actually know where it comes from in China, normally Shenzen close to H.K but it could come from Wuhan.
The outbreak started in December.

Most corona viruses last 4 days outside of the body, but some can last 7 weeks

Reactions: AntDX316
The virus survives in water droplets, and requires those droplets to be transferred to mucous mebranes in the victim for infection.

Reactions: AMann
Dessication does not inactivate most virus particles... they’re weird because they are not alive anyway... Anyway, just add moisture and they are infective...

Reactions: AMann
Don’t lick the batteries...Wait, my mom used to tell me that about testing 9v batteries also.

But really, if one is really worried about it, wipe them down with a Clorox wipe and let it dry out on their own. Also keep in mind that they probably use some level of clean room techniques during assembly, it is highly automated and that it has been several weeks since those items have been packaged and shipped. Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Last edited:
The virus survives in water droplets, and requires those droplets to be transferred to mucous mebranes in the victim for infection.

Basically if someone sneezes then touches the guardrails or sneezes so much that it hits other people.

Wait, my mom used to tell me that about testing 9v batteries also.

And you still did it, right ??

This virus will probably kill a lot of the more susceptible in society, the elderly, people with weak immune systems, respiratory problems, perhaps the very young will be more at risk too.
Limit travel and exposure risk, and hopefully soon there will be some sort of vaccine, there are so many working on it Worldwide at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett