DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 - DJI Fly App crash

walhalla

Reactions
Hi,
the DJI Fly app doesnt work with my phone. I could install the app, can start the app. I can see the beginner - videos and the start page. I can choose whatever I want (Fly, Profile, ...) I get a black screen and it returns to the main-screen.

Installed a fresh MIUI 11 (latest version from 21.01.2020) with Android 10. Anyone a solution or a hint what to do? Yes, the app has all availlable rights. Device is rooted (Magisk latest version 20).

Please help - cant fly my MM. I am in holidays and cant take any videos / fly :(

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best wishes

Walhalla

Hi,
the app doesn't work with Android 10???

I tried with the MIUI - EU - version and with a custom ROM (MI-GLOBE) -> both didn't work. Nobody else having this problem?

Thanks for any solution / hint!

Cheery walhalla

Hi,
I can't believe?!?! A company like DJI is not able to make an app wich works with the actual Android - version??? Great job! Think the MM was my first and my last DJI - drone. Never have had this trouble with other companies.

"Try doing it on android 9" - can not rollback to older version without having problems (maybe bricked device). But I really dont want to use old, unstable, unsecure system because DJI is not able to create a working app. Think it is unaceptable!?

Cheers Walhalla

Here’s a link to get the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone with the list of approved phones. Others may work, but cannot vouch as to how well. Scroll down on the page below for the manual.

Thanks for the manual. I already had it (and read it). But it doesnt depend on the device. You can read this thread in the DJI - forum. As everytime: customers fault. But it isn't! Very short here: I bought the REDMI NOTE 7 together with a friend of mine. Two identic devices. The only difference: he didnt make the Android 10 update. His device is working without any problems with the MM / App. The app doesnt work with my phone since I made the update. So, it's simply a lie from DJI. It doesnt depend on the device / hardware - it is their problem with Android 10! It's a shame for the "world leader" that they are not able to public a working app with an actual OS. Remember: Android 10 was published on 03.09.2019. Developers got it quiet a long time before. DJI was not able to get a working app in more than half a year!?

Thread in the DJI - forum: DJI Fly App crash - Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (Android 10)

Thanks, have good flights - dont make any updates on youre devices ... if so, youwill get some expensive rubbish wich you cant fly anymore (as I have now)! GRATS, DJI and thanks for this experience. Learned my lesson -> stay far away from DJI.

Thanks for the manual. I already had it (and read it). But it doesnt depend on the device. You can read this thread in the DJI - forum. As everytime: customers fault. But it isn't! Very short here: I bought the REDMI NOTE 7 together with a friend of mine. Two identic devices. The only difference: he didnt make the Android 10 update. His device is working without any problems with the MM / App. The app doesnt work with my phone since I made the update. So, it's simply a lie from DJI. It doesnt depend on the device / hardware - it is their problem with Android 10! It's a shame for the "world leader" that they are not able to public a working app with an actual OS. Remember: Android 10 was published on 03.09.2019. Developers got it quiet a long time before. DJI was not able to get a working app in more than half a year!?
Understand. This kind of stuff is why I went to dedicated devices a long time ago. Hope you can get it worked out.

Reactions: Emanáku
Understand. This kind of stuff is why I went to dedicated devices a long time ago. Hope you can get it worked out.

YES, me too! My first and last try with DJI! Will sell if I am back home and will keep on flying XIAOMI and YUNEEC. Unfortunately I am far away from home now and have nothing to fly with. Thanks, DJI! Really was worth spending the money for having a small drone to alqays have with me!

Just to give you two more proofs:

1. Installed DJI fly on my wifes XIAOMI MI 8 (is on the compatibility list!) with Android 9 -> worked. Made update to Android 10 -> failure!
2. Installed DJI fly on my sisters XIAOMI MI MIX 2S (is on the compatibility list!) with Android 9 -> worked. Made update to Android 10 -> failure!

Ridiculous: they (DJI) write "Android higher than Version 6" - but they dont write lower than Version 10!

CONCLUSIO: even using phones wich are on their list with compatible devices, OS higher than the version they say -> you get a case full of expensive, useless, ***!!!

Thanks, DJI. Really a great job!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3