DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Xmas 2017 in the Victorian High Country

Beaut country, nice footage.
You can slow things down a bit, and fly some cinematic type of shots up there would work great, like this tutorial . . .

I'm trying to hone my shooting and editing skills too, it's a long learning curve.

I haven't done much 4WDn up in the high country (yet), but have walked the AAWT Walhalla to Canberra over 5 or 6 sections.
There is so much awesome country right through the Vic / NSW alpine region.

Touring Aus and drone flying go hand in hand so well.
How'd you get on chraging batts, ok ?
I'm going to have to get a 13.8v step up as the Mavic charger requires over 13v, and has to be running to charge.

Beaut country, nice footage.
You can slow things down a bit, and fly some cinematic type of shots up there would work great, like this tutorial . . .

I'm trying to hone my shooting and editing skills too, it's a long learning curve.

I haven't done much 4WDn up in the high country (yet), but have walked the AAWT Walhalla to Canberra over 5 or 6 sections.
There is so much awesome country right through the Vic / NSW alpine region.

Touring Aus and drone flying go hand in hand so well.
How'd you get on chraging batts, ok ?
I'm going to have to get a 13.8v step up as the Mavic charger requires over 13v, and has to be running to charge.
I have three batteries in total plus a little generator back in camp plus if I get really stuck we have an invertor in the jeep
I've also done some footage out on the beaches and sand dunes in Robe and Beachport
That was a lot if fun

Last edited:
I have three batteries in total plus a little generator back in camp plus if I get really stuck we have an invertor in the jeep
I've also done some footage out on the beaches and sand dunes in Robe and Beachport
That was a lot if fun

Ah you're right for power then . . . we are sometimes touring without power for weeks, and keep it simple 12v setup.

Beachport / Robe and entire SE Limestone Coast a favourite destination, have driven Murray mouth to Vic boder a couple of times in full, and many times individual trips, keeping to beaches / dunes as much as possible . . . just a perfect drone destination.
Only had mine 6 months, so yet to get down there with it.

Enjoy the future trips and the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada