Yagi range extender antenna.

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi guys,

I’m thinking I might try a Yagi range extender antenna for my Mavic Air 2.

Have you had any positive or negative experiences with them?

Do I need to purchase the 2.4ghz or the 5.8ghz model for my MA2?

Depends on what frequency you have the most success with, if your looking for extra range then I'd say use the 2.4ghz frequency and the 2.4ghz yagi's. If it's signal strength then it's 5.8ghz but with less range.

Reactions: Squidinc
Here is the test result mate:First pic is without Yagi, the second picture is with Yagi: Highly urban area...

Attachments

• NY.jpg
    NY.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 119
  • WY.jpg
    WY.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 117
I went with a 5 GHz Yagi-Uda (~$10 on Amazon) with good results: an additional ~50% additional range in a fairly "open" environment! YMMV.

Hi guys,

I’m thinking I might try a Yagi range extender antenna for my Mavic Air 2.

Have you had any positive or negative experiences with them?

Do I need to purchase the 2.4ghz or the 5.8ghz model for my MA2?

On my pro I can see a pretty good difference using them. On my Air 2 I could not tell any difference at all in several tests.

It really depends on what environment you're in. Flying in the open I can easily pass the PSR using the 5.8ghz yagis. What i don't like is the increased tendency to go from 4 bars to 2 to disconnect in just a few seconds. They're very directional. For the money just get a set and try them? Check out Flight Eye on YT.
Ken

It really depends on what environment you're in. Flying in the open I can easily pass the PSR using the 5.8ghz yagis. What i don't like is the increased tendency to go from 4 bars to 2 to disconnect in just a few seconds. They're very directional. For the money just get a set and try them? Check out Flight Eye on YT.
Ken
Cheers Ken ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle