DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw error leads to atti mode.

ch5richards

Reactions
Problem? I bought a second Mavic controller so my gf could fly my drone with little risk of crashing it (she was really worried of destroying my expensive toy). So I took her out to a local park with a big field and proceeded to show her the basics. She was having fun and things were going good. We had gone through 3 of my 4 batteries, but on the 4th battery things got sketchy.

She had a good handle on what she was doing so I let her take full control. She took off and was flying, I was running my mouth about something when she said "are you doing that" or something to that effect. Followed shortly by "I hope you have it cause I don't" That got my attention, I immediately put my second hand on my controller and started flying. Got the orientation and was able to bring it back to the landing pad with no harm, but my heart was in my throat for a bit.

Had noticed while flying back there was some error showing and that I had lost GPS and was in ATTI mode. After getting back home and loading up the flight data to Airdata I see that it got a Yaw error 22 times then 3 seconds later switched to atti mode.

I included the flight logs (I think the FLY304.DAT is the right one?) Hoping someone can shed some light on what happened, what I did wrong and how to prevent this in the future.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far?

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Note9

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Should be the latest, I will check when I get a chance.

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.32

Any modification?
(if so what) No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Attachments

• 20-04-22-04-11-21_FLY304.DAT
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-22_[16-12-46].txt
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member