DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw errors and Compass Error = ATTI mode but why? log file include

droneuser

Reactions
The other day I was flying around and all of a sudden it went into atti mode..then after a few min it went back into gps mode so I check the log file and found a yaw error and a compass error. I also notice looking thru my logs on other filghts I see compass errors for a few secs then it goes back to normal

my question is why?

here is log file

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=qnVdxm

or here too

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
I also see a IMU encounters heading exception too

yaw error starts at 5m 7.1s to 5m 8.5s then it switchs to atti mode...hum why the yaw error

Reactions: WAXMAN
then at 5m 9s IMU encounters heading exception

the gps came back as you can tell in the log file ...question is why?

it hasn't done it sense then

but in other log files I do see random compass errors BUT it never goes to atti mode..well I should say yet! lol lol

Did you checked the geomagnetic weather cast before the flight, what was the kp index?

yes if I recall right for that day it was 2 so that should be ok 4 and up is bad

I am going to pull the dat file I will post it when I get it

I got the dat file off AC I am just trying to figure out what dat file I need to look at..lol

which dat file goes with the log file? my log file has 13-09-30 number but I cant find a dat file with that same number

so I must be missing something?

so how I know what dat file goes with a log file?

ohhh ok wow that's a pain :(

well I just looked at all the dat files that are on the AC and I don't find that date that would match up with that log file

I would assume I cant delete the log and dat files on the AC so when I file again it will write the ones for that day so it would be easier to find them

also when I download them from iTunes I did two folders

Flightlogs - this only has dat files that I CAN'T view with csvView it wont even try to open them when I select a dat file csvView wont do anything just goes back to the main screen

flightrecords - this has txt files and dat file I can view with csvView

well I just looked at all the dat files that are on the AC and I don't find that date that would match up with that log file
Last time I had to upload my DATs I ended up zipping five of them and posting that. Then someone figured out which one was the right one and let everyone else know.

I think I found the dat file BUT how do I post on here? do I rename the ext so the site will let me post?

I think this is the dat file I got it off the ipad thru iTunes

rename file to dat! :)

Attachments

• Dat file 3-20-18.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
I think I found the dat file BUT how do I post on here? do I rename the ext so the site will let me post?

If it's an aircraft DAT file then it will be too large to post here, even after renaming the extension. You will need to upload it to Dropbox or similar and post a sharing link.

I cant open dat file from AC :( but I got dat file off ipad look at my post #18

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu