DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw failure - lost drone

SparkyMart

Reactions
Please see flight record: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Had yaw error and then lost my drone. Not sure where it can be as it is not in at the landing coordinates. Is this sort of product failure claimable/eligible from DJI for a replacement?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-06_[15-30-11].txt
    1 MB · Views: 13
Were you caching the video for this flight?
Yes, but the video is very unclear about the position of the drone and stopped before the auto landing initiated. Is this sort of issue eligible to claim from DJI? Or do you think the drone can be found?

Did you try the "find my drone" function in GO4?
I did, however it only picked up my location of the controller and not the drone itself. This seems to be drone malfunction if you look at all the errors it experienced before disappearing, it had alot of "YAW Error" which sounds to me like an aircraft issue?

It was last recorded descending through 60 ft AGL at around 10 ft/s and drifting SE at around 6 mph. The drift will have slowed as the wind speed decreased towards the ground. Projecting an averaged drift of 5 mph indicates where it likely landed/crashed:

screenshot83.jpg

I did, however it only picked up my location of the controller and not the drone itself. This seems to be drone malfunction if you look at all the errors it experienced before disappearing, it had alot of "YAW Error" which sounds to me like an aircraft issue?

It was clearly suffering from compass issues, but the cause is not clear. However, based on the log data and some recent similar incidents, there is a reasonable chance that DJI will replace it for you at no cost.

It was last recorded descending through 60 ft AGL at around 10 ft/s and drifting SE at around 6 mph. The drift will have slowed as the wind speed decreased towards the ground. Projecting an averaged drift of 5 mph indicates where it likely landed/crashed:

View attachment 28357
Thank you, I'll go and look at that location again

It was clearly suffering from compass issues, but the cause is not clear. However, based on the log data and some recent similar incidents, there is a reasonable chance that DJI will replace it for you at no cost.
That was my thought too as it happened out of the blue. IMU and Compass was calibrated the morning and it flew fine and the suddenly just gave these issues. I am struggling to get a reply from DJI Support.

May be an aircraft issue, but unless you find it, won't matter, so I was focused on finding it.

What are those buildings its projected course took it towards? I'm not sure but can a yaw error be generated by an inability to yaw? Like if it were stuck in a tree and trying to reorient itself?

What are those buildings its projected course took it towards? I'm not sure but can a yaw error be generated by an inability to yaw? Like if it were stuck in a tree and trying to reorient itself?

No. A yaw error is a disagreement between the IMU heading and the compass heading.

Reactions: MadValley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent