DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw in tripod/cinematic mode

dxer

Reactions
I understand that tripod mode and cinematic mode gives drone slower /smoother movement. But from my tests Yaw is the same speed as on normal mode.
I would expect to be slower as other movements. Is there anything where I can set slower movement for Yaw in tripod/cinematic mode and/or in general ?

you can adjust the yaw rate in the app in expo settings i have mine set at 15 this gives the reaction to stick movement a more gentle start when the stick is moved,but really a good smooth yaw is something that requires practice and patience to get right

Reactions: dxer
I understand that tripod mode and cinematic mode gives drone slower /smoother movement. But from my tests Yaw is the same speed as on normal mode.
I would expect to be slower as other movements. Is there anything where I can set slower movement for Yaw in tripod/cinematic mode and/or in general ?

In Tripod mode a camera icon pops up on the screen. Tap on it and you get options of dialing down speed/yaw.

1.jpg

Last edited:
In cinematic mode and P-GPS mode the lowest value you can set yaw to is 50 degrees per second. Tripod mode is actually set to 30 degrees per second.

I have some software methods for doing slowing down the yaw speed in all modes the least invasive method is here https://mavicpilots.com/threads/smooth-panning-parameter-hacks-for-mp-mpp-mavic-2.62997/

If you can’t see this thread you’ll need to go into your account setting for MP and check the box that you want to see the software modification section.

Reactions: dxer
In cinematic your bird will drift a couple feet before stopping so in post you can make it smooth. Trim pod mode just stops when you let off the sticks. I wish we had ATTI mode on M2P letting the wind help make the Shot is a big help... but I live in the desert not a lot of trees to worry about. Good luck!!

Hey Vegasdad, there is a way to put Mavic 2 into atti mode. Dear h on YouTube, there's a couple of videos on how to do it. Works really well.
In cinematic your bird will drift a couple feet before stopping so in post you can make it smooth. Trim pod mode just stops when you let off the sticks. I wish we had ATTI mode on M2P letting the wind help make the Shot is a big help... but I live in the desert not a lot of trees to worry about. Good luck!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3