DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw movement speed on Mini 1

Me262

Reactions
Found out that the mini 1 does not have any Yaw speed settings similiar to all other DJI drones (including Air and Mini 2), similar to this video:

I find it ridiculous, especially since this could easily be implemented in an update for the mini 1, but I guess the quest for money and profits will prevent such a feature to make it to the mini 1.

Any way for me to change the speed for the gurus out there on this forum? I personally find the yaw speed just too fast and I really really want to be able to reduce the yaw speed for a smoother recording experience.

Thank you

Maybe yaw speed is also reduced depending on the flight mode, i.e. I assume yaw speed would be the slowest on Cine Mode ?
It is .

Maybe yaw speed is also reduced depending on the flight mode, i.e. I assume yaw speed would be the slowest on Cine Mode ?

That is correct, but for my needs, even in C mode, I find yaw too fast, yet the drone barely moves. For me the best option would be if I have the C mode Yaw speed when I use S mode. Then Yaw speed slower in P and even slower in C.

Manually being able to set it like you can the gimbal speed (and Air or Mini 2) would be the best.

I assume currently only a mod can help me with this

Have not seen one posted as of yet or missed it.

That is correct, but for my needs, even in C mode, I find yaw too fast, yet the drone barely moves. For me the best option would be if I have the C mode Yaw speed when I use S mode. Then Yaw speed slower in P and even slower in C.

Manually being able to set it like you can the gimbal speed (and Air or Mini 2) would be the best.

I assume currently only a mod can help me with this

You could get custom remote gimbal sticks that are adjustable, that would give you a shorter throw at sensor than your used to imputing at top stick. I use them on my M2Z and they help, but probably not as much as your seeking. Perhaps DJI will firmware a Expo for the MM, would solve your and many others issues.

Found out that the mini 1 does not have any Yaw speed settings similiar to all other DJI drones (including Air and Mini 2), similar to this video:

I find it ridiculous, especially since this could easily be implemented in an update for the mini 1, but I guess the quest for money and profits will prevent such a feature to make it to the mini 1.

Any way for me to change the speed for the gurus out there on this forum? I personally find the yaw speed just too fast and I really really want to be able to reduce the yaw speed for a smoother recording experience.

Thank you
Refer to page 33 of the manual, go to SYSTEM SETTINGS > CONTROL > GIMBAL SETTINGS there you can change the advanced gimbal settings including PITCH SPEED, PITCH SMOOTHNESS and ALLOW UPWARD GIMBAL ROTATION... Oops, just noticed you want to change yaw settings not gimbal settings. Unfortunately there are no EXPO curves on the Mini.

Last edited:
Yaw speed depends on flight mode:
S - 150deg/sec
P - 130deg/sec
C - 30deg/sec

Personally I find C mode yaw speed to be too slow at full stick (12 seconds to spin 360deg at full stick deflection). You can make it take over a minute to do a 360 spin just by being a bit more gentle on the sticks. However, everyone uses their drone differently and has different preferences - you've stated it's too fast for the way you use your drone. If you're prepared to do some very simple firmware parameter hacking you can change the yaw rate for each mode from the defaults and slow them all down to even slower than C mode. Head over to the software mods (requires opt-in) section of the forum if you want to take that path.

The biggest dissapointment for me is that mini has now yaw settings...

So .. can we, the community, figure out how to do this on the mini 1?
Hack the app?
Firmaware?
RC?
Parameters?

How? Can anybody do it?

Reactions: scro
Yaw speed depends on flight mode:
S - 150deg/sec
P - 130deg/sec
C - 30deg/sec

Personally I find C mode yaw speed to be too slow at full stick (12 seconds to spin 360deg at full stick deflection). You can make it take over a minute to do a 360 spin just by being a bit more gentle on the sticks. However, everyone uses their drone differently and has different preferences - you've stated it's too fast for the way you use your drone. If you're prepared to do some very simple firmware parameter hacking you can change the yaw rate for each mode from the defaults and slow them all down to even slower than C mode. Head over to the software mods (requires opt-in) section of the forum if you want to take that path.
Thank you, I tried my luck in that section.

For me, 30deg/sec in P mode and 10-15deg/sec in C mode would be the best.

Honestly, I wouldn't even use C mode if I could fully adjust the yaw speed in P mode. But I am forced to use C mode for the yaw speed alone.

I'm curious why you need such a low yaw speed...

Personally I find C mode yaw speed to be too slow for most flying/filming I do and if I'm in that mode I need to get quite "agressive" with the stick movements for yaw. I've done some nice smooth manual panning orbits in S mode - it just takes a light touch on the sticks.

Will post up a response in the other section ?

Personally I like to get up high and get a 360deg view, and to really allow for other people to see the details, I find it a very slow turn gets it done nicely.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ahh yes, that kind of shot requires quite slow yaw speed as anything other than slow panning isn't a "natural" movement for our eyes to see. If combined with a high shutter speed it can make for decidedly "harsh on the eyes" video clips?.

Actually we do not need slower yaw speed, but less sensitive stick control curve.
But dji will not do it, so only option is to hack slower speed ?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty