DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

yaw when gimble tilt is activated?

MavRAT

Reactions
I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I have done a remote calibration on the remote and when the gimble tilt is activated it also causes the drone to spin. I have done the calibration many times and the graphic shows when gimble tilt is activated it also inputs a yaw more so in one direction than the other.

Yes I did. I believe it wont complete until you move both sticks in all directions, and do full motion on each wheel.

Ok, well it was the Zoom roller not the gimble tilt roller. I updated the firmware even though it said it was up to date. The controller then calibrated fine and when I restarted the drone to check it, it was like it was new again, going through all the on screen tutorials. I also deleted and re-installed the app so that may have been the reason for the tutorials . I believe the refreshing the firmware was what did it though. Fixed!!!!

Reactions: ff22
I've seen applications just act weird until you completely wipe them including configuration data and reinstall clean.
Logic design including applications and circuits have shortcuts for "don't care" inputs that should never be encountered. However when bad data somehow gets introduced that puts the logic into a "don't care" state, the results are unpredictable.
Well, they could probably be predictable, but "who cares, it should never happen".

Thanks for the reply I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I had checked the firmware but it said it was the most updated so I did not re load it at the time. I watched on youtube about a guy who had an mavic air. it was doing a roll to the side when he activated the down or up gimble. scary. thanks again.

Here is an update. The problem resurfaced and continued to be an issue. I finally had to send it in for repair. Its on its way back now, returning Thursday. They stated the board for the left hand stick was disconnecting and needed to be fixed. Our department drone (mavic 2 enterprise) is doing the same thing, and it was bought about the same time as when I bought mine, must be a manufacturing error? Hopefully it will have been fixed. Good to still be under warranty!

Hello

one noob question, YAW, what it means in portuguese language ?

edit:

OK, found the answer

Hello

one noob question, YAW, what it means in portuguese language ?

edit:

OK, found the answer

Yaw, Pitch and Roll in an aircraft

Guinada é o movimento do nariz da aeronave perpendicular às asas (esquerda ou direita).

Update to the update: I had to send it in again, it came back the first time and the problem still continued. This time they stated it was both stick boards that needed to be fixed. I guess it was cheaper to just send a new remote. New remote works fine, all is good and they covered it all under warranty.

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+