DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another mini flies away (help needed)

gabs0N

Reactions
Hello guys,

Unfortunately my little buddy left me yesterday. I wanted only to take a few shots and land it but until I release what is happening it was too late.
I have been searching for few hours without any luck. I'm uploading the file logs I'm looking forward for any suggestions where it might be and where I should search for it.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20-01-01-04-47-35_FLY014.DAT
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020_01_01.txt
    496.1 KB · Views: 17
This is another Mini log showing a variable yaw error of up to 30°, and a magnetic modulus indicating a compass problem:

Graph3.png

That said - I don't think it was the cause of the incident. It looks to me like the wind speed out of the NW was simply to high for the aircraft to cope with. Looking at the pitch and roll data:

attitude.png

The aircraft is reported as facing NW, and the pitch is pretty much maxed out forwards, but the aircraft is still moving backwards towards the SE, suggesting greater than 8 m/s wind speed.

That doesn't however, explain the sudden disconnect with no prior signal issues.

I'd say is just another no signs and sudden link loss. I am led to believe the signal strength meter of the Mini is not reliable.

Even I have lost my Mini with abrupt link loss.

I'd say is just another no signs and sudden link loss. I am led to believe the signal strength meter of the Mini is not reliable.

Even I have lost my Mini with abrupt link loss.

It is possible that the disconnect issue was similar to your incident.

Many thanks for the responses guys!
I'm still waiting for a update from DJI. Tomorrow I will be searching for it again, any ideas in which area it might be ?

Many thanks for the responses guys!
I'm still waiting for a update from DJI. Tomorrow I will be searching for it again, any ideas in which area it might be ?

It was traveling at 1.25 m/s on a heading of 124° true and around 105 seconds from autolanding due to low battery, with a roughly 30 second descent time to ground level:

Graph10.png

That should put it on the ground around this location:

1578068411597.jpeg

Thank you sar104 but wasn't the drone supposed to go backwards trying to return to it's home point ?

Thank you sar104 but wasn't the drone supposed to go backwards trying to return to it's home point ?

I don't understand that question. And it wasn't trying to return - it was in P-GPS mode for the duration of the recorded flight, and was simply trying to hold position.

I don't understand that question. And it wasn't trying to return - it was in P-GPS mode for the duration of the recorded flight, and was simply trying to hold position.
After the RC disconnected we got the message that RTH will be initiated. In 10-15 sec after that we lost visual too and got the message below and I hit "confirm". I tought it will try to return home because the RTH attitude was 40m and there weren't any warnings for strong winds at that height.
1578073193620.png

After the RC disconnected we got the message that RTH will be initiated. In 10-15 sec after that we lost visual too and got the message below and I hit "confirm". I tought it will try to return home because the RTH attitude was 40m and there weren't any warnings for strong winds at that height.
View attachment 89643

It will have switched to RTH after the disconnect, but it will not descend if it is already above the set RTH height.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike