DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet Another New Pilot here...

Linus17

Reactions
Greetings! New Pilot getting started here in Southern California using the Mavic Mini 1, Air 2 and 2 Pro and 2 Zoom. At the time of this introduction, I am awaiting my Mini 2 to be ready for pick-up. Some of you might be thinking :why would this guy have all of these? Aren't they somewhat similar?" Well, it's because I want to compare ALL of them myself, and not simply READ about their differences somewhere online! I want to experience their flights, features, pros/cons, and judge for myself which one may be my "Go-To" whenever the terrain calls for something... specific. I have not logged that many flight-hours with them, and none of my drones is even a year old! My first "set" of drones began with the SYMA toy-stuff so that I could get an idea of how drones flew as opposed to their HELICOPTER line. I still have them all (6 total), after which I got my first REAL drone, which was the Mavic Mini 1... which I LOVED! This was the one that put me on the path. the year 2020 was bad in so many ways, but it has opened up my eyes (and wallet) to the DroneVerse, and I am here to stay! Right now, I'd say that my favorite drone has to be my 2 Zoom. She has logged the most hours so far, and has grabbed some really good footage of the shoreline for me. Can't wait to get the Mini 2 in the air!

Welcome to the DJI Droneverse :).

2020 sure has been an interesting year and I think, for many of us having this outlet has saved us from depression from all the lock-downs and sequestration.

You're going to like the Mini 2. It has much more robust flight ability than the Mini 1, though your Mavic 2 will still feel more solid. The Mini 2 seems to be the perfect travel drone for lots of reasons without the limitations of the Mini 1.

Welcome to the DJI Droneverse :).

2020 sure has been an interesting year and I think, for many of us having this outlet has saved us from depression from all the lock-downs and sequestration.

You're going to like the Mini 2. It has much more robust flight ability than the Mini 1, though your Mavic 2 will still feel more solid. The Mini 2 seems to be the perfect travel drone for lots of reasons without the limitations of the Mini 1.
I appreciate that! Also, maybe you're right about the Lock-Downs. I had to think of other things to do, which brought my to buy a Syma Helicopter... followed by some of their drones, which control a lot differently than the 'copters. Now, here I am with a fleet of Mavics! Who knew??

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Linus17.

Hokey Smokes, you have quite the fleet of aircraft. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I appreciate that! Also, maybe you're right about the Lock-Downs. I had to think of other things to do, which brought my to buy a Syma Helicopter... followed by some of their drones, which control a lot differently than the 'copters. Now, here I am with a fleet of Mavics! Who knew??
I had a very similar path as you. First I had a cheap POS (and defective) drone from Banggood. After that fiasco I got a Mini 1, actually pretty happy, and much happier than the cheap Chines drone, but not fully satisfied because the wind kept me from flying half the time. Then a Mavic 2 Pro. I really liked the Mini, but sold it to upgrade to a Mini 2. I had a few speed bumps with my first unit so had to exchange it, but pretty happy with the replacement, though the controller is a behemoth.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

Enjoy all the many beautiful places we have to view in Southern California!

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

Enjoy all the many beautiful places we have to view in Southern California!
Thank you! I am noticing that, while viewing a lot of info online, that there are many, MANY rules and restrictions in Cali that I wasn't aware of outside of FAA and City law. Places that show up as GOOD places to fly might not be AS good! Many "variables" may be at play, so I will have to be careful! :-(

Welcome to the forum! :)

Some of you might be thinking :why would this guy have all of these? Aren't they somewhat similar?
Well, many would think your collection is rather normal if they saw mine ;)

I say if you can afford it go for it ? I have 2 ? greetings from ? Florida I wrapped my ma2 with a wetsuit from phantomrain its amazing waiting for the next storm to roll in ? stay safe and have fun flying
Interesting. I was wondering if there was anything out there suited for inclement weather. I am in Cali, but... one never knows where one might find oneself these days!

Greetings! New Pilot getting started here in Southern California using the Mavic Mini 1, Air 2 and 2 Pro and 2 Zoom. At the time of this introduction, I am awaiting my Mini 2 to be ready for pick-up. Some of you might be thinking :why would this guy have all of these? Aren't they somewhat similar?" Well, it's because I want to compare ALL of them myself, and not simply READ about their differences somewhere online! I want to experience their flights, features, pros/cons, and judge for myself which one may be my "Go-To" whenever the terrain calls for something... specific. I have not logged that many flight-hours with them, and none of my drones is even a year old! My first "set" of drones began with the SYMA toy-stuff so that I could get an idea of how drones flew as opposed to their HELICOPTER line. I still have them all (6 total), after which I got my first REAL drone, which was the Mavic Mini 1... which I LOVED! This was the one that put me on the path. the year 2020 was bad in so many ways, but it has opened up my eyes (and wallet) to the DroneVerse, and I am here to stay! Right now, I'd say that my favorite drone has to be my 2 Zoom. She has logged the most hours so far, and has grabbed some really good footage of the shoreline for me. Can't wait to get the Mini 2 in the air!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803