DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Chrome/Firefox Extension)

This is very cool!
So im on mac with chrome. I dwnlded the mission and opened in chrome.... the flight in earth is at ground level. The alt for the flight are not ground level. Iv tried checking AGL and un checking AGL litchi hub online.
Any thots of what im doing wrong??
thank you!!
brad p

I made Google Chrome extension that acts almost exactly as VLM and can be used on Mac/Linux/Win. Virtual Litchi Mission itself is cool software, but it is windows only. I'm a linux user and running google earth in virtual machine was pain, so I spent a day learning/reversing how VLM implemented and made a python script that converts exported csv mission to google earth kml file (same way as VLM does). Originally I was doing it only for myself, but decided to share it and made Chrome Extension to make it easily usable. Since I used original VLM as reference, most of credits for this work should go to its creator namirda.

Here is Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission

Usage:
1. Install extension in Chrome by clicking the link above
2. Install google-earth(-pro) desktop app
3. Go to Mission Hub - Litchi
4. Select a mission, click "MISSIONS"->"Export as CSV", it will download .kml file
5. Click downloaded .kml file to open it in google earth (or import it into google earth manually)
6. In google earth click mission name under "Temporary places" and double-click "Virtual mission"
7. Enjoy :)

Usage video:

Source codes: bazuchan/pythonvlm

bazuchan / namirda, Thank you very much! Easy to install, even easier to use, and it works great!

Hi,
I´ve been using this extention on my MAC with success, but also with failure..
Sometimes when I am opening the kml file in google earth, some or all the waypoint is below ground level?
I am using the mission with the above ground option.

Someone else seeing this and know how to solve the problem?
My KML export always get altitude as "ABSOLUTE"
I search and replace to "relativeToGround" within the file and it is okay again.
This was my workaround

so what iv found....
in the left panel, bottom is the layers... deselect the terrain. that bring you to the correct alt. or near it..... also try deselecting the other options like 3d building etc..... ive noticed that has a lot of impact on where things sit in space.....
keep me posted if you find more
thx

I search and replace to "relativeToGround" within the file and it is okay again.
This was my workaround

Your workaround works wonderfully! I had the same issue and a simple replace did the trick. Thanks!

So, when I export, the mission is only saved as cvs, what part have I done wrong ?

Didn’t realise I had to click kml at bottom of screen .. your video explanation really helped thx .. I’ll try again :)

This was my workaround

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

In addition, I did not have to unselect 3d Buildings or Terrain for it to work.

Thanks again.

I seemed to loose the flight paths for some areas until I deselected 3D, however I would prefer to be able to use 3D so I can see heights .. will have to keep playing with it ..

I seemed to loose the flight paths for some areas until I deselected 3D, however I would prefer to be able to use 3D so I can see heights .. will have to keep playing with it ..
I've found that a mission that is perfect using the genuine VLM program in windows, with heights exactly as one would expect when playing the mission in Google Earth ... WITH 3D checked on, also displays at a lower altitude when using this Chrome Extension.
That, and vertical speed issues, mean I won't be using this extension until things are fixed and I'm happy with it.
Such a shame.

Hi,
I´ve been using this extention on my MAC with success, but also with failure..
Sometimes when I am opening the kml file in google earth, some or all the waypoint is below ground level?
I am using the mission with the above ground option.

Someone else seeing this and know how to solve the problem?

I am seeing this also... I my case, when I first began using the VLM Chrome App - it worked perfectly both on a windows machine and on a MAC - then after some time went by - all of a sudden one day the App no longer works... in GE Pro - the flight now just bumps along on the ground or below ground at points. The App does not work in the windows machine nor in the MAC. Nothing had been changed on my end in Litchi nor in GE Pro - so does anyone have any ideas what has happened to ruin such a great/fantastic App - Thanks in advance for any help! ... and I apologize in advance if there is a thread somewhere addressing this - I just haven not been able to find it.

The workaround in post #23 is a complete requirement in my experience. Have you all tried that?

The workaround in post #23 is a complete requirement in my experience. Have you all tried that?

So you export the csv/kml - and then edit the file in excel, save the edit and then import the edited file into GE Pro? - is this correct?

Ok, I have tried the workaround and it does seem to be working - cool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929