DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Chrome/Firefox Extension)

The workaround in post #23 is a complete requirement in my experience. Have you all tried that?

For me, they are above ground ... just not the correct height above ground … as they are, perfectly, using the VLM app.

I have fixed both problems, vertical speed and elevations should be as expected now. Google decided to discontinue free anonymous usage of elevation api, so I had to use billed api key.

I have fixed both problems, vertical speed and elevations should be as expected now. Google decided to discontinue free anonymous usage of elevation api, so I had to use billed api key.

Thank you bazuchan very much for this wonderful app - this is extremely useful - how can I donate to you to help cover costs for all of your hard work?

Well - then you have my sincere thanks anyway ;p... for whatever that is worth lol - if you ever come to visit in the Orlando, FL area and have some free time - dinner is on me sir!

Yup - confirmed - both issues corrected!
Thanks!

Re the fixes made, do we need to delete and re install the extension? .. and, thank you for your work :)

Hi @bazuchan

I'm just learning about the Virtual Missions and I downloaded your extension and it seems to run well although, when it opens in Google Earth, I only get the 2D view from the satellite view. It flies the mission perfectly but I do not get the 3D rendering.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Neil

Hi @bazuchan

I'm just learning about the Virtual Missions and I downloaded your extension and it seems to run well although, when it opens in Google Earth, I only get the 2D view from the satellite view. It flies the mission perfectly but I do not get the 3D rendering.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Neil
Even if you choose some public mission in US? Only thing I can think of is google doesn't have 3d images of your area.

Even if you choose some public mission in US? Only thing I can think of is google doesn't have 3d images of your area.

Yes, US. And thank you for that thought. I looked at other cities in the US and 3D is clearly available. Here in Naples FL, it is not. So, I guess I'll have to find VLM jobs in other cities!
Thank you very much.

I made Google Chrome extension that acts almost exactly as VLM and can be used on Mac/Linux/Win. Virtual Litchi Mission itself is cool software, but it is windows only. I'm a linux user and running google earth in virtual machine was pain, so I spent a day learning/reversing how VLM implemented and made a python script that converts exported csv mission to google earth kml file (same way as VLM does). Originally I was doing it only for myself, but decided to share it and made Chrome Extension to make it easily usable. Since I used original VLM as reference, most of credits for this work should go to its creator namirda.

Here is Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission

Usage:
1. Install extension in Chrome by clicking the link above
2. Install google-earth(-pro) desktop app
3. Go to Mission Hub - Litchi
4. Select a mission, click "MISSIONS"->"Export as CSV", it will download .kml file
5. Click downloaded .kml file to open it in google earth (or import it into google earth manually)
6. In google earth click mission name under "Temporary places" and double-click "Virtual mission"
7. Enjoy :)

Usage video:

Source codes: bazuchan/pythonvlm
WoW!!!! You did a great job works good very cool!!!

I created a simple mission . Flys between 2 points over South Lake Tahoe. 2 POI's. First Waypoint should have drone facing the First POI and the Second Waypoint should have the drone facing the second POI. When I load it into the GE Chrome Extension the camera view does not rotate out to the Lake POI's as it should.

Can you check this shared mission and let me know?
Mission Hub - Litchi

I created a simple mission . Flys between 2 points over South Lake Tahoe. 2 POI's. First Waypoint should have drone facing the First POI and the Second Waypoint should have the drone facing the second POI. When I load it into the GE Chrome Extension the camera view does not rotate out to the Lake POI's as it should.

Can you check this shared mission and let me know?
Mission Hub - Litchi
Have you unchecked mission as private? I can't open it.

Hmm, mission looks to me as it should. It flies from first waypoint focusting 1st poi (heading 295) to second waypoint focusing second poi (heading 259). Could you describe in more detail what is wrong?

When I export the mission as a .kml file it launches Google Earth. Then I can click on the Mission from temporary places and then click the small play button to view it within Google Earth. The orientation of the drone does not face outward towards the lake as it should.

Here is a video capture of what occurs when viewing.

I see now. You have to click at triangle left to "litchi mission", choose "Virtual Mission" and then click to play it.

Thanks for your help. The path seems to run correctly now except the orientation of the drone should not be forward, but rotated outwards towards the Lake. Thats not happening.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair