DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You are not logged in?

Tristar500

Reactions
Tonight after work I went to fly my Air 2 and I get a message "you are not logged in". I rebooted both drone and controller, rebooted the phone. Still nothing and I couldn't fly more that a hundred or so feet and maybe 50 feet high. (I got some message but don't remember the details)
I did clear the browsing history and that may have logged me out.
What I really need to know, Am I going to have a problem going out in the middle of nowhere where their is no wifi or phone service to take videos only to find my Air 2 has been crippled?
If so, It's going back to Amazon in the morning. Hate to do that as it's a really cool and capable little machine but if it's that restrictive. NOPE!

WiFi and cell service aren’t required for flying DJI products.

WiFi and cell service aren’t required for flying DJI products.
I was unable to fly the drone tonight beyond a 100 feet or so because of the "not logged in" message. What's the fix?
BTW, I don't use my personal cell phone for the drone, I'm using an older Samsung S7 with no sim card so I have wifi if I'm in range but can't connect to a cellular network.
Rebooting everything including taking out my personal cell phone and logging in didn't change a thing.
I'm afraid I'm going to find myself far from home and wifi/cell service with an expensive paperweight.

The fix would be to log back in to your DJI account when WiFi is available, then turn your device to airplane mode.

While you are at home, log in to your account, don’t log out, fire up what you fly, verify all is in working order, then with whatever device you use to fly your aircraft, turn the WiFi capability off.
After that process and you have checked that your unwanted limits are gone, it won’t matter which nowhere’s ville you travel to.

You drone does not use wi-fi or cell coverage to communicate with whatever phone or controller you are using. It uses its own system that links between your phone, via the app loaded, or between the drone and the controller (SC) being used to fly it. You never need cell phone coverage signals or standard wi-fi (such as AT&T or T-Mobile etc.) to fly a drone.

I was unable to fly the drone tonight beyond a 100 feet or so because of the "not logged in" message. What's the fix?
BTW, I don't use my personal cell phone for the drone, I'm using an older Samsung S7 with no sim card so I have wifi if I'm in range but can't connect to a cellular network.
Rebooting everything including taking out my personal cell phone and logging in didn't change a thing.
I'm afraid I'm going to find myself far from home and wifi/cell service with an expensive paperweight.
Contact DJI Support. This sounds like an entirely solvable problem.

Guys -- I'm pretty sure I have a work around, but it requires you to be careful: After logging on once, turn on airplane mode your mobile device. Then make sure you NEVER have wifi or cellular on when you're running DJI Fly thereafter. This has seemed to work for me for quite a while, although once I made a mistake and started DJI Fly while still connected. Immediately the login issue started again! Regards to All -- jclarkw

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS