DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can now have your FAA Registration Number(s) printed on your DecalGirl Skins. No more "labels"

Skyler King III

Reactions
You can now have your FAA Registration Number(s) printed on your DecalGirl Skins. No more "labels" Cost is $5.00 additional at the time of this writing. Contact Melissa at [email protected]. They also designed a custom high visability skin for me for $35 per new design. Anyone can now order it.

Dang, just put a skin on mine about a month ago and Sharpie'd the number on the arm! Oh well. Great quality though, I would definitely recommend it to others.

Awesome! I get my drone today and was just going to ask about this. I will place my order once I get my FAA number reg number.

Haha after one month I got my decals from Slickwraps?legit thought I was never going to get them

Not true.
From Decal Girl:
Hello,

I am so sorry for any confusion this is not a service that we provide to the public. This was a one time service that was offered through our Pro department for his business. Here is a link to the create your own site where you can create a custom design and add text

Make Custom Skins | DecalGirl

Have a great day!

Melissa
Customer Support
DecalGirl.com

I got the same reply from decalgirl, VERY surprised that they would not make this available to all pilots. It is something we are required to have. The first company that will provide a way to put the FAA number on the skin will gain a significant market. we all vote with our dollars.

If anyone is interested, I make FAA number decals that can be placed on top of a vinyl skin. My decals are made of high quality vinyl and would look great on top of a vinyl skin. And a bonus is that they can be removed if you ever when to sell your drone with the skin.

Reactions: naiku
Haha after one month I got my decals from Slickwraps?legit thought I was never going to get them
Ok, good to know, so just three weeks so far isnt that out of the ordinary to be waiting. What I find odd is a shipping label was created after 1 week, but it hasn't been accepted by USPS yet and when I inquired with customer service they got a little snarky with me for asking.

Ok, good to know, so just three weeks so far isnt that out of the ordinary to be waiting. What I find odd is a shipping label was created after 1 week, but it hasn't been accepted by USPS yet and when I inquired with customer service they got a little snarky with me for asking.

Beware of Snorky

FYI:
In both the USA and Canada the registration number must be applied to the drone by Engraving, PERMANENT Label, or PERMANENT Marker.
Since skins (or wraps) are not permanent, any registration number applied to the skin would not meet the legal requirements.
Dens da rules. :) :)

Edit:
As pointed out by @msinger in post 15 below, the "permanent" requirement does not apply in the USA. The infographic posted on the FAA website is, apparently, incorrect.

Last edited:
In both the USA and Canada the registration number must be applied to the drone by Engraving, PERMANENT Label, or PERMANENT Marker.
Since skins (or wraps) are not permanent, any registration number applied to the skin would not meet the legal requirements.
This is not true for the US. Marking the skin would meet the requirement.

Reactions: The Rolling Drones
Permanent label would be a sticker.. no? Its permanent until its removed

If interested, you can read the actual rule here:
External Marking Requirement for Small Unmanned Aircraft

As you can see in the rule, there are no requirements for the way the FAA registration number is to be marked.

While it's likely not going to be worth your time since you don't live in the US, you can email the FAA directly at [email protected] or [email protected]. Their infographics and website are sometimes hard to understand and they would surely be happy to clear up any doubts you might have.

Permanent label would be a sticker.. no? Its permanent until its removed

But if it's removable, by definition, it's not permanent.

BTW, IMHO, I don't think a registration number on a skin or removable label would be a problem unless some law enforcement officer really has it in for the drone owner.

That was a lot to read to get to c)72574Screenshot_20190516-211958_Firefox.jpg

But if it's removable, by definition, it's not permanent.

BTW, IMHO, I don't think a registration number on a skin or removable label would be a problem unless some law enforcement officer really has it in for the drone owner.
But if you read the part "you" quote it says "you can" not you must. Just to clarify...

If interested, you can read the actual rule here:
External Marking Requirement for Small Unmanned Aircraft

As you can see in the rule, there are no requirements for the way the FAA registration number is to be marked.

While it's likely not going to be worth your time since you don't live in the US, you can email the FAA directly at [email protected] or [email protected]. Their infographics and website are sometimes hard to understand and they would surely be happy to clear up any doubts you might have.

Check. I've edited my original post accordingly. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots