DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You control scheme for Air

Jameslavis

Reactions
What layout are you folks using? Tried 2 and was terrible. Long time gamer and felt right at home with 3. **** FPS games.

I prefer Mode 2. If feels like home to me since I've been flying DJI drones in Mode 2 for 3+ years now. We really are creatures of habit I guess :)

The internet said I should be using mode two, so I've never tried any other mode.

I really want to get on with Mode 2 as it seems to be the default for everyone but FPS has messed me up too and I find Mode 3 much more natural.

Everybody knows you play first person shooters with a keyboard and mouse so I'm unsure how FPS messed you up ;)

#pcmasterrace

Reactions: galfridus
I really want to get on with Mode 2 as it seems to be the default for everyone but FPS has messed me up too and I find Mode 3 much more natural.

I'm in the same boat. I play FPS on Xbox so it takes me a minute or two of flying to get used to Mode 2 controls every time. I am thinking of switching to Mode 3, but one of the instructors at the DJI Colorado store highly recommended that I stick with Mode 2 in case I have to bring it in for repairs or anything.

I've flown radio control (planes, helis and drones) for over 40 years. Mode 2 always. I would be so totally confused if I tried to switch to something else now.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. I play FPS on Xbox so it takes me a minute or two of flying to get used to Mode 2 controls every time. I am thinking of switching to Mode 3, but one of the instructors at the DJI Colorado store highly recommended that I stick with Mode 2 in case I have to bring it in for repairs or anything.
This is why I'm really really really trying to get one with Mode 2!

You should be able to set the mode in the controller settings.
Ruddy autocorrect - it was meant to say "really get on with Mode 2" - as in I am trying really hard to resist to put it on Mode 3 which seems easier for me but not the "standard" that most people seem to use.

Ruddy autocorrect - it was meant to say "really get on with Mode 2" - as in I am trying really hard to resist to put it on Mode 3 which seems easier for me but not the "standard" that most people seem to use.
Haha! If you are not already accustomed to one mode I would use whatever feels most natural to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121