DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***** you DJI - your QA is subpar and customer service is a joke

Skrems

Reactions
I can't wait for a real competitor to hit the market. I'll then dump two mavic pros and a P4P onto the used market as junk.

Again DJI let me down - out in the hills trying to get some drone footage of dirt bikes racing and the latest DJIGo4 connects for a minute then shows some 'command timed out' message and disconnects. IOS 11.1 and made the mistake of updating DJI last night. All was fine before the update.

I guess my fault for updating the app...

Reactions: poorquad
You can try reverting back to versions of software/firmware before the ( Mod Removed ) everything up, which was around v408 of the go app for your device. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skrems
Thanks Pathogen - firmware has been ok for last month or so. Just the silly IOS DJIGo4 app was updated. I hooked my old iPhone which I didn't update yet ( DJIGo4) and tested this morning and had zero issues. Again, my fault for updating the application too quickly.

And it continues. DJI Battery dead after only 16 charges...They suggested I use my DJI Refresh and $79 to replace a $89 battery...
Sure the battery is now 8 months old but I have a total of 5 and rotate them each flight. A total of 16 flights and charges on this one. Maybe a 1 year warranty and 50 charges would be more appropriate.

Me: Order Summary Order No.:00xxxxxxxxxOrder Amount: USD $1,407.00Order Time: 2017-03-03 20:13:17 (UTC)

• 14:50
Symon Francis

I'm sorry, your battery is already out of warranty.

• upload_2017-11-20_15-1-12.jpg
Me: wow...only 16 charges and it is dead....

Symon Francis

The battery has a 6 months warranty only sir.

• 14:52
  • upload_2017-11-20_15-1-12.jpg
Me: Needless to say I am very disappointed in the quality then. It has only been charged using the charging hub provided and should have lasted longer than 16 charges.

Symon Francis

Upon checking, though you have a dji care refresh plan, it has a $79 replacement fee.

I know you're using an Apple product but what's the product you using I've heard of a lot of people having issues with some tablets and phones but they're not listed as compatible in that could be the reason why just a question

I can't wait for a real competitor to hit the market. I'll then dump two mavic pros and a P4P onto the used market as junk.

Again DJI let me down - out in the hills trying to get some drone footage of dirt bikes racing and the latest DJIGo4 connects for a minute then shows some 'command timed out' message and disconnects. IOS 11.1 and made the mistake of updating DJI last night. All was fine before the update.

I guess my fault for updating the app...

Yes Life in general Sucks.! don't be a Victim Deal with it

I know you're using an Apple product but what's the product you using I've heard of a lot of people having issues with some tablets and phones but they're not listed as compatible in that could be the reason why just a question

iPhone 8 with latest DJIGo4 - problems.
iPhone 7 with previous version of DJIGo4 - no issues.

I'm curious about the failed battery. Can you guess at what the vulnerability of the product is? Like how low did it discharge etc?

I'm curious about the failed battery. Can you guess at what the vulnerability of the product is? Like how low did it discharge etc?

When on the craft and connected to DJI Go app it shows two cells at 4.19V and one at 4.01V. This is why it shows as a failed battery and cannot fly.

I have only ever discharged to maybe 15% ( most likely 20%). It was charged with the multi charger that came with the Fly More Combo only. I did use the multi charger attached to car charger (also part of fly more combo) twice. I never push the limit and run these batteries too low as I have enough to swap them out as needed. I numbered each battery and rotate through them.

Yes indeed that is a serious cell imbalance! Typically the cell is considered empty at 2.7 volts or so. This might suggest that there is in fact no short circuit, which then suggest that maybe the issue is one of the chargers. Could the battery have been squeezed or crushed somehow? These batteries are somewhat fragile due to the priority of reducing weight. Why one cell would be so out (but not actually empty) is of concern. I would carefully inspect the connectors of all chargers, all batteries, and the Mavic itself.

Googling "one cell low in lipo" yields some interesting reading.

Reactions: Skrems
iPhone 8 with latest DJIGo4 - problems.
iPhone 7 with previous version of DJIGo4 - no issues.
Maybe cause the iphone 8 just came out 2 months ago they havent gotten the device fully fuctional on the app yet and need to do another update. As for batt dying after 10 months only thing i could think is if it was stored is hot areas or cold areas or if you kept it 100% charged at all times and charged it right after flying

That isn’t a thing here. In Europe, any new product purchase is guaranteed for 12 months (apart from food etc), no questions asked. The seller cannot excuse themselves from their responsibility with caveats at the time of sale.

More reason to move to a dedicated device/display and eliminate having to constantly update an app because of operating system and hardware upgrades. It's a big plus for DJI's Crystal Sky. I want an independent device that's not reliant on internet connectivity or other manufacturer's devices/OS.

More reason to move to a dedicated device/display and eliminate having to constantly update an app because of operating system and hardware upgrades. It's a big plus for DJI's Crystal Sky. I want an independent device that's not reliant on internet connectivity or other manufacturer's devices/OS.

The battery failure had nothing to do with the display I was using. The initial command timed out error may have been related to iOS but I still think it is the DJIgo4 latest app causing the problem. Different phone with same iOS version but older DJI app works ok.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots