DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You don't have to be a great height..

Nice shot! You must have been a little tempted to fly through those arches ;)

I've been thinking about perspective since I started shooting with the Mavic. Too many pilots go up to 400 feet and start panning around and while it is novel at first, it gets pretty boring after a while. I think the real strength of the Mavic is the possibilities it opens up closer to the ground, as it allows you "skim" over water, do eye-level tracking shots, move fluidly between obstacles, traverse under bridges and so on. It's almost like have a portable crane/dolly in your pocket.

G.

Hi gavinski,
Thanks, but not in the slightest bit tempted..[emoji41]. One of the things I like about the Mavic is the field of view.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

That's beautiful, may I use it as my screen wallpaper?

That's beautiful, may I use it as my screen wallpaper?
I'd be deeply honoured, Mahoosiv.
A bit of history.. The bridge dates from 1725, when a single lane bridge was built over the Kings river at Kells, County Kilkenny. In 1775 it was 'modernised' by the addition of another carriageway (hence the occluded, if that's the correct term) arches, it's actually two bridges alongside each other. I'll get some pictures from the other side, weather permitting, there's a mill (you can see the weir in the photo) I'd probably get in the shot. If you want a high res photo, just say as much and I'll post it up.

Reactions: Member
I'm getting a swollen head here... please feel free, I'm just lucky to have the subject matter close at hand.

Very nice alex.. you should put it on shutterstock and make some £ £ £ £ .. You should have been adventurous and flown under the bridge .. Great shot !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007