DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You tube Surprised Me , Awareness

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Opened up a YT channel few months back , to go along with My Vimeo Channel as a back up.

I Found I had a corrupt Video on Vimeo so I went to download from Youtube my Back up plan and well turns out you have to Pay for a Subscription to download your own videos back to your computer. Very Sneaky surprise attack plan. Well done You Tube , you got me , I never saw that coming.
You can freely download in 720 resolution for free but nothing more, needless to say I am now a premium member.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,

Last edited:
Opened up a YT channel few months back , to go along with My Vimeo Channel as a back up.

I Found I had a corrupt Video on Vimeo so I went to download from Youtube my Back up plan and well turns out you have to Pay for a Subscription to download your own videos back to your computer. Very Sneaky surprise attack plan. Well done You Tube , you got me , I never saw that coming.
You can freely download in 720 resolution for free but nothing more, needless to say I am now a premium member.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,
I bet you will pay more attention to where you store your backup copy also..... nothing hurts worse than losing a video that really matters to you. I keep a copy in the cloud and on SSD to combat losing footage. Loss of quality, time invested or just precious shots of work and family, make it worth paying for peace of mind.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Another option for that kind of situation is something like 4K Downloader. 4K Download – Free and useful applications for PC, Mac and Linux It is video downloading software that allows you to download most, but not all, videos from places like YouTube, BitChute, Facebook. It's a one-time life purchase of I think about $49, and once you have it, you can download most all YouTube videos. You won't be able to download YouTube's own films (eg the free or paid movies) and I also find it doesn't work so well for some of the 4K videos on some channels, for whatever reason. They have frequent updates though so tech glitches are resolved.

As stated by the OP the free download is 720p, severely degraded from original.
I just checked on of mine uploaded:
1080p. 60 fps, 8.9 GB, Bitrate 376 kbs
Free download of the same YT video:
720p, 30 fps,, 48 MB, Bitrate 128 kbps.
I haven't found a way to download the original video.

Reactions: mavictk
Go to "your videos" and download it for free there. No need to pay. I just did it.
See there even more SNEAKY than I thought , I think it worked, !!

I was able to Download what I think is the original video ?
Did not give me any options just downloads from that one Area .

2022-07-12_14h42_03.png

No this is not the Original file its only and not the 4K UGH !

2022-07-12_15h02_01.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Last edited:
The video you just downloaded is 720p.
Youtube changed a bit. You can only download your own videos in 720p even if you uploaded them in 4k or anything above 720p. Looks like you'd have to use a third party app to get them in anything over 720p now.

The video you just downloaded is 720p.
Youtube changed a bit. You can only download your own videos in 720p even if you uploaded them in 4k or anything above 720p. Looks like you'd have to use a third party app to get them in anything over 720p now.

This is all that it will let me download : From the manager page.
So I have to back to the Premium and than i get the 4K back maybe.

2022-07-12_15h02_01.png

This is all that it will let me download : From the manager page.
So I have to back to the Premium and than i get the 4K back maybe.

View attachment 151652
Yeah 720p. I'm not sure if the third party apps work anymore but there was stuff like youtube video downloader. That one is also a firefox addon. Last time I used it it worked but that was a couple years ago. I think youtube might have even changed things even more that even those may or may not work. I would personally never go Premium. There's always another way.

• Love
Yeah 720p. I'm not sure if the third party apps work anymore but there was stuff like youtube video downloader. That one is also a firefox addon. Last time I used it it worked but that was a couple years ago. I think youtube might have even changed things even more that even those may or may not work. I would personally never go Premium. There's always another way.
Well , look at this , Free and its working and saving in 4K

WOW ! a good save. thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water , and Make good Friends.

2022-07-12_15h11_47.png

You just Copy and Past the Youtube URL and BOOM your in.

2022-07-12_15h14_15.png

Reactions: Tufargon
Oh yeah. There are definately other options than paying for a youtube premium account. Browser addons and third party softwares that work similar to the one you used.

Oh yeah. There are definately other options than paying for a youtube premium account. Browser addons and third party softwares that work similar to the one you used.
Going with the premium now to get everything off the sever for back up. , will look for an alternative once settled. Thanks

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

No problem. Feel free to pm me if you need help. I guess now that I see it only allows 720p downloads I'll be setting up something so I can get my own too.

Lol - I just signed up for Youtube premium and it Still will not allow you to download the the 4K, So that was a bust.

• Haha
Lol - I just signed up for Youtube premium and it Still will not allow you to download the the 4K, So that was a bust.
Check your pm. I sent you a solution. Guess I'll post it here too for everyone else..

All you need to do is go to this website Convert2MP3 Online Video Downloader & MP3 Converter (there is a firefox extension for it too that will give you a download button under the video you are viewing on youtube and when you hit that it will just take you to the link I posted) and paste the url of the video you want to download from youtube and hit the little search icon at the end of where you entered the url. A new page will open and give you 3 options above the downloads a tad bit to the left. Choose WEBM and choose the top 2160 download button. Then It will download it as a webm extension but all you have to do to convert it back to mp4 is to replace the webm extension at the end of the file name with .mp4 instead. Now play it and see. I've tried it on a few of my youtube videos just now to make sure it's consistent. Works perfect. VOILA!!
FREE IS ALWAYS BEST!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I brought this up in my posting on Photospheres; each Google account has 15GB of free storage associated with DRIVE. Open Chrome and on the upper right, not top right, you will see three rows of three dots, a square of nine dots, TAP (Or Click on a PC) and a scrolling window showing all the options Google offers, the one that looks like a three-colored triangle, the word DRIVE underneath is your link to your Google Cloud Storage, Not only can you save your files there, you can link to them so you could let other watch them directly from your Drive…

15 GB may not sound like much but you can have several Google accounts and the DJI Fly App will let you upload your files directly to your Drive using Share…

My videos are not 4K, so it's all up to you to check it out…

Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ