DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your DJI Care Refresh will expire in 7 days - to renew or not

MavicMark18

Reactions
I have a M2Z and have it insured through State Farm.
Is it worth it to extend the DJI refresh care for (I believe) $135.00?
What do you think?

Thanks,

Mark

I have a M2Z and have it insured through State Farm.
Is it worth it to extend the DJI refresh care for (I believe) $135.00?
What do you think?

Thanks,

Mark
I think so. You never know when you will need it and the M2Z being a premium AC, it would be expensive to replace without refresh.

Also, making a claim on your State Farm insurance would register as a claim and may affect future insurance claims.

That being said, I had refresh on my Spark and never used either of the 2 refreshes. I renewed it after year one (Refresh Plus) and still have not used the additional refresh. It will expire on Christmas Day. Would I buy it again on a new AC? Definitely!

Chris

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Worth it for peace of mind to me. But then again I don’t have State Farm.

Reactions: Chrislaf
All you lucky "B"s having State Farm insurance.
My local agent (small town in the middle of nowhere) won't underwrite me unless I wrap it with a homeowner's policy.
The property values are inflated for the area and he wants his cut.

I agree renew DJI Care Refresh. You'll never know.. I experienced a crash they gave me a new Mavic Pro..with only additional 100$.

Renew it ... I did. Still ahead from when I used it on my MPP a year ago. For me it was a no brainer.

You never know what, what do you never know if and when you have a crash DJI will always put it right because you have refresh, from what I have been reading DJI are bloody difficult to deal with even if you have refresh and also from what I have read a lot of so called crashes are operator error, so I would say no don't renew and become a better pilot if you are new to the hobby, rely on your insurance because you can't claim from both if you have a so called crash.

You never know what, what do you never know if and when you have a crash DJI will always put it right because you have refresh, from what I have been reading DJI are bloody difficult to deal with even if you have refresh and also from what I have read a lot of so called crashes are operator error, so I would say no don't renew and become a better pilot if you are new to the hobby, rely on your insurance because you can't claim from both if you have a so called crash.
Mostly bad experiences are posted. True that anything can happen. My experience was flawless and 8 days from crash to replacement drone in the air.
... and why can’t you double dip?

... and why can’t you double dip?

Because nearly every insurance policy will include a double indemnity clause which means that if you hold (and have claimed) from another insurance cover you cannot claim again.

All you lucky "B"s having State Farm insurance.
My local agent (small town in the middle of nowhere) won't underwrite me unless I wrap it with a homeowner's policy.
The property values are inflated for the area and he wants his cut.
Have you tried another State Farm agent in your state?I live in Mass where State Farm doesn't write but own a vacation home in Fla where I got drone only coverage from a Fla agent 150 miles from my vacation home.$78 for a $6000 personal articles policy.

Reactions: ff22
I just received the same notice from DJI and decided not to renew because I am a lot more experienced (about a year total) and still fairly cautious. I bought it initially because I was learning to fly a drone for the very first time and I really didn’t know what to expect. Also, my Mavic 2 is so well behaved, as long as I don’t do anything stupid the chance of having an incident is fairly low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580