DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your opinion on mobile hardware needed for DJI go4???

77ricco

Reactions
Ive got a galaxy note 8, its a great phone IMO, and it has run greatly with DJI Go4. Though I have been thinking on buying a mobile exclusively for this purpose, I believe it's not very expensive and much safer in the end... My first though was to get something with a good display, big battery and reasonable hardware. I ve found a Lenovo well priced with these specs:

MediaTek Helio X23
2x 2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 + 4x 1.85 GHz Cortex-A53 + 4x 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53

Mali-T880 MP4
4 GB ram+ 64 GB

What do you guys think? I also would like your opinion on running Litchi on VR mode on it...
Thanks!

Reactions: AdrianG001
I think a dedicated device would be a great idea,however I use a iPhone x and literally not one time have I had so much as a glitch! App has never not one time crashed.i have zero experience with android with DJI go 4 but have read that iPhones are more stable with the DJI eco system? In fact it was the main reason for moving from Samsung to apple. My wife has a Samsung note 9 and the screen is beautiful I have yet to try in though.

Reactions: 77ricco
I'm interested in this as well, I've got a spare iPhone 6s which at the moment is a dedicated device however it is getting on a bit now and the screen size isn't that big. I could use my daily mobile which is a OnePlus 5T, my only issue is I hear it can be quite unstable on Android devices.

I might invest in something new if it wouldn't be too unreliable.

Reactions: 77ricco
You will require at least iOS 8 or Android 4.1 to run the DJI Go App. As for hardware, DJI hasn’t released any exact requirements. However, you will want 1GB of RAM and a 1GHz processor at the bare minimum. Remember you will be streaming HD video, so the more power and memory the better the performance.

Here is the device list
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
These are the smartphones supported by DJI go4

Regards,
Adrian Gates
Developer - CloudDesktopOnline

You will require at least iOS 8 or Android 4.1 to run the DJI Go App. As for hardware, DJI hasn’t released any exact requirements. However, you will want 1GB of RAM and a 1GHz processor at the bare minimum. Remember you will be streaming HD video, so the more power and memory the better the performance.

Here is the device list
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
These are the smartphones supported by DJI go4

Regards,
Adrian Gates
Developer - CloudDesktopOnline
Hi,

Thanks for replying! I have got a samsung note 8(full time use) and a note 5(which I use as a multi task and controlling smart stuff IOT). Both ran beautifully the DJI go 4, though I didn't want to use neither of them. My note 8 is too packed, too personal and my note 5 looks like a pandora box which I try all the stuff I don't want in my everyday use mobile.
In the end I found myself with no "safe" phone for my drone...
I had been flirting with the idea of having a dedicated phone for my quad since I saw lots of well priced mobiles with quite good specs... So getting a mobile to use specifically with my Mavic 2 made total sense to me, as it seemed more reliable and I also wouldn't have to worry much about a bunch of other apps running in paralel and risking freezing/malfunctioning the DJI go 4...

So I went ahead with my plan and last week I purchased a Lenovo k8. It runs Oreo and has got a 5.5in screen, a 10 core processor, 3 of ram, 64 of internal memory and a bulky 4000mh battery(much needed when using full brightness in a very sunny country) ... I paid around 200 usd, which I consider cheap in Brazil for those specs( In Brazil a galaxy note 9 reaches 1800usd and a top Iphone gets to 2500 usd)

Some of you may be asking, why a Lenovo? There are tons of nice mobiles out there from well known brands... The answer gets really interesting!!! I saw on youtube this Brazilian guy who didn't want to use Litchi to fly VR so after some research he found out that some Lenovo K series mobiles run VR natively, in other words, it displays whatever runs on the phone screen in VR mode. As I understood, it is not necessarily an app, it's a mode, a native VR mode. I'll attach a pic of my Lenovo k8 note running the Dji go4 app in VR mode and the YouTube video link which I learned it was possible to VR Dji go4. It's in portuguese but I guess youtube translates it.

Right now I'm waiting my Shinecon 6.0 VR box to arrive! I had previously bought a Zeiss VR box, which was designed for mobiles from 4.? to 5.5 inches, my lenovo reached 5.5 and it felt like the sides of the screen were cropped by the VR box... My guess is that the Zeiss box is up to 5.5 inches in a 4:3 ratio, and my mobile 5.5 is 16:9... So I sent it back and I'm getting a different VR box, which is up to the newers 16:9 and 18x9 ratios 6in screens, so I hope there will be no cropping in this new vr box! Wish me good luck!
IMG_20181115_173942.jpeg

Attachments

• 20181115_162929.jpeg
    20181115_162929.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members