DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

youtube streaming

chappmaster

Reactions
i logged in in the dji app to my youtube and when i hit start live stream it just sits there and has a little loading icon spinning and nothing happens

Are you using an android phone? Have you tried facebook? I'm usingGalaxy S7 edge and it won't stream to facebook properly. Google searches have led me to believe that DJI haven't optimised the GO App for live streaming.

I had this problem too, and after much research concluded that DJI are aware of the problem and will address in next app update. In the meantime, I got streaming working to Youtube perfectly by using the RMTP link in Endcoder Setup on youtube, just use your RMTP link from there in the RMTP live streaming option on the Mavic and you will broadcast just fine.

Based on MANY posts in other parts of this forum, it seems like DJI is not trying very hard to optimize ANYTHING for Android ( only the most used mobile OS in the world) instead they are optimizing the IOS stuff all the time.
I wonder if Apple and DJI are connected somehow. have you compared the beautiful white boxes the DJI Mavic and Apple devices come in?????:rolleyes:

Does YouTube streaming degrade connectivity to the Mavic in any way?

I wasn't sure if the phone could be streaming in 1080p at the same time its streaming out to YouTube. Was afraid to try this and risk my connection to the drone. ?

Does YouTube streaming degrade connectivity to the Mavic in any way?

I wasn't sure if the phone could be streaming in 1080p at the same time its streaming out to YouTube. Was afraid to try this and risk my connection to the drone. ?

I think its fine, my live feed to the phone from the drone seemed to be displaying the feed being sent to youtube, so sometimes depending on your phone signal, the picture would be a bit pixelated and stuttery. But then it would be clear again the next moment. The only thing I did notice is that if you try and record at the same time as live streaming, it only records to the SD card in the mavic, not to your phone and the DJI app.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I had this problem too, and after much research concluded that DJI are aware of the problem and will address in next app update. In the meantime, I got streaming working to Youtube perfectly by using the RMTP link in Endcoder Setup on youtube, just use your RMTP link from there in the RMTP live streaming option on the Mavic and you will broadcast just fine.

Alexb, can you explain a little bit more detail as to how to use the RMTP live streaming option in place of YouTube? It seems simple but I am not sure how to do it...

Hi Jimmer,

Sure, the RMTP streaming option works well, its not too complicated to get working. Just make sure your Youtube is set for Live Streaming, if it is you have the Live Streaming option in the menu on the left in Youtube below Video Manager. Go into Live Streaming then scroll to the bottom where it says Encoder Setup. There will be a Server URL. You want to take that RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 then add a /and your stream name/key so it should look like RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YOUR_KEY
When I say take that, you put that entire link in the Mavic controller under Live Streaming and instead of selecting Youtube as the streaming channel, select RTMP and copy in your link there. That should get it broadcasting nice and easily! Hope that helps.

Hi,
When I try to Go Live on YouTube (on the screen where you enter he Title and Description) I'm getting an error. It says "Start Streaming Failed" The user is not enabled for live streaming"!?
But it is. I tried to login with the same account in the YTStream app and the streaming worked flawless.
Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

When I try and select "basic mode" the app crashes. Using Android Note 4. Is there any other way to enable basic mode? FB streaming works fine.

FYI, YouTube streaming works for Android with latest djigo app update.

Hi Jimmer,

Sure, the RMTP streaming option works well, its not too complicated to get working. Just make sure your Youtube is set for Live Streaming, if it is you have the Live Streaming option in the menu on the left in Youtube below Video Manager. Go into Live Streaming then scroll to the bottom where it says Encoder Setup. There will be a Server URL. You want to take that RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 then add a /and your stream name/key so it should look like RTMP URL, which is rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YOUR_KEY
When I say take that, you put that entire link in the Mavic controller under Live Streaming and instead of selecting Youtube as the streaming channel, select RTMP and copy in your link there. That should get it broadcasting nice and easily! Hope that helps.
----
Is the "key" something like "v08d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"? Thanks for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej