DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YOUTUBE TO DELETE DRONE CHANNELS ?

VARSITY

Reactions
YOUTUBE is deleting airgun channels, left right and centre. Ted's Holdover channel has survived, and Ted has put a plea on YOUTUBE, for the case of those that remain. I wish Ted Bier every success, because , who knows, next month it will be those nasty, dangerous drone channels that will be deleted from YOUTUBE. People are happy for me to fly my parkflyers, helicopters etc (they fail to notice the cameras) but as soon as the drone takes off , many overreact. Don't say I never warned you.

who knows, next month it will be those nasty, dangerous drone channels that will be deleted from YOUTUBE
So, we should assume YouTube is going to delete all drone channels because they deleted someone's channel about airguns? Are you sure you're not the one overreacting?

Can you change the title of this thread? I see no evidence that YouTube have deleted any drone channels, and the OP has said nothing to that effect within his post. But still the strident misleading scare-story title remains in the forum listing.

YOUTUBE is deleting airgun channels, left right and centre. Ted's Holdover channel has survived, and Ted has put a plea on YOUTUBE, for the case of those that remain. I wish Ted Bier every success, because , who knows, next month it will be those nasty, dangerous drone channels that will be deleted from YOUTUBE. People are happy for me to fly my parkflyers, helicopters etc (they fail to notice the cameras) but as soon as the drone takes off , many overreact. Don't say I never warned you.

I will agree with you. It's coming. Not here yet, but there are enough people that don't understand and appreciate the sport of drones, just as there are that don't understand the sport of airgunning.
I've owned both powder burners and airguns for years and can see parallels of public misconception of that industry to the drone industry.
Sad but true. Flame away.

Reactions: VARSITY
I will agree with you. It's coming. Not here yet, but there are enough people that don't understand and appreciate the sport of drones, just as there are that don't understand the sport of airgunning.
I've owned both powder burners and airguns for years and can see parallels of public misconception of that industry to the drone industry.
Sad but true. Flame away.

It's not a question of home some people view drones... it's a question of violating YS's TOS. Video from a drone and what the OP mentioned are two completely different things. No relationship.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
It's not a question of home some people view drones... it's a question of violating YS's TOS. Video from a drone and what the OP mentioned are two completely different things. No relationship.
Not a violation till utube changes the rules. That's what utube did to the airgun people. OP has a question mark behind his title. He is simply asking will utube do to droner videos what they have done to airgunners. If enough public complaints against are registered with utube, then they will possibly ban drone stuff. Think activists groups.

Can you change the title of this thread? I see no evidence that YouTube have deleted any drone channels, and the OP has said nothing to that effect within his post. But still the strident misleading scare-story title remains in the forum listing.
Agreed, just change the ****** title, it’s like a lot of FAKE news which stinks just to get attention. Anyway, why and what does the OP think he’s “warning” us about, like we can do anything!

Agreed, just change the damned title, it’s like a lot of FAKE news which stinks just to get attention. Anyway, why and what does the OP think he’s “warning” us about, like we can do anything!

There is a question mark in the title now. I suppose that’s better, but the shrill upper-case statement still remains. “Do you think YouTube might delete some drone channels?” would be a more appropriate and measured title.

If it’s a genuine channel with aerial footage taken sensibly I cannot see any reason for YouTube to take the channel down - I’m sure if they did there would be plenty of complaints.

Airguns of Arizona, Pyramid Air, Ted's Holdover, American Airgunner, Hatsan USA, Umarex USA, Utah Airguns, and of course , a bit closer to home , Daystate... all terminated. Many more worldwide, and many strikes. Largely due to "flagging" the word gun , by organised antis. The inflammatory title is intentional, and so is posting on an American read forum, in the off topic section

Airguns of Arizona, Pyramid Air, Ted's Holdover, American Airgunner, Hatsan USA, Umarex USA, Utah Airguns, and of course , a bit closer to home , Daystate... all terminated. Many more worldwide, and many strikes. Largely due to "flagging" the word gun , by organised antis. The inflammatory title is intentional, and so is posting on an American read forum, in the off topic section
Do you know any of the real background information as to *exactly* why these channels were shut down? No speculation, just hard facts...? It would be interesting to see the actual *why?* behind YT's actions. Google, and Google owned YT has (I think) a good reputation for not censoring information. Search Google for the most depraved things you can think of, and they'll deliver the results. There must be a [good?] reason for their actions.

Do you know any of the real background information as to *exactly* why these channels were shut down? No speculation, just hard facts...? It would be interesting to see the actual *why?* behind YT's actions. Google, and Google owned YT has (I think) a good reputation for not censoring information. Search Google for the most depraved things you can think of, and they'll deliver the results. There must be a [good?] reason for their actions.

Might find something here. I'd say this same thing could happen to dronners.
Video Hosting Questions, Suggestions, Comments, PSA's - Airgun Nation

BTW, the company in England that makes high quality arms is Daystate. They are the DJI of airgunning. If you visit their site you will see guns that cost roughly 4 times that of a Mavic Pro. Guys that buy those don't break laws relating to shooting sports. Remember these guns are just pellet guns. Their site was censored on utube.

Reactions: BrAinZ and VARSITY
Might find something here. I'd say this same thing could happen to dronners.
Video Hosting Questions, Suggestions, Comments, PSA's - Airgun Nation

BTW, the company in England that makes high quality arms is Daystate. They are the DJI of airgunning. If you visit their site you will see guns that cost roughly 4 times that of a Mavic Pro. Guys that buy those don't break laws relating to shooting sports. Remember these guns are just pellet guns. Their site was censored on utube.
Following the breadcrumbs from your link, reveals this article, which gives a little perspective to the situation: Google is hiring 10,000 people to clean up YouTube

And yet when I go to YouTube I find countless air gun channels still in existence. It makes me wonder what the channels that got suspended did to get suspended.

Reactions: Kilrah
When I first posted, you could have looked at Ted's Holdover channel for a reasoned video on yt actions, in the last few hours, that has been deleted by youtube now. Being an insider he suggests that yt are bowing to anyone who flags a video mentioning gun , leaving the video maker to try a worthless appeal process, another youtuber AEAC reported that his appeal was replied to, in the negative, in seconds, clearly no one at youtube is rewatching the clips for a reasoned response. Both these guys had the foresight to privatise their videos, so they can still be viewed on the link supplied by Sprocket in post #14. Thanks Sprocket

I figure that I don't know how anything really works. That way I don't have to be an expert.
It appears to me, though, that someone is complaining to an advertiser their ads are being shown next to something offensive on a particular site. So the advertiser complains to utube and threatens to pull all of their ads off utube. Utube shuts down the "offensive" content. While we are at it let's pull all content that deals with that subject.
Now, let's see. I am offended by someone who flies a drone in illegal airspace. There is a thread on here from someone who is trying to fly his drone in Class A airspace. 18000' above ground. There are threads on a drone site that allow discussion and how to mod their software to fly in NFZs contrary to FAA rules. Thats scares me so I complain to Google and they say ok we will shutdown any site that allows discussion and or videos of such. Don't worry I wouldn't lift a finger to help Google or any other left wing company do anything like that.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: VARSITY
I figure that I don't know how anything really works. That way I don't have to be an expert.
It appears to me, though, that someone is complaining to an advertiser their ads are being shown next to something offensive on a particular site. So the advertiser complains to utube and threatens to pull all of their ads off utube. Utube shuts down the "offensive" content. While we are at it let's pull all content that deals with that subject.
Now, let's see. I am offended by someone who flies a drone in illegal airspace. There is a thread on here from someone who is trying to fly his drone in Class A airspace. 18000' above ground. There are threads on a drone site that allow discussion and how to mod their software to fly in NFZs contrary to FAA rules. Thats scares me so I complain to Google and they say ok we will shutdown any site that allows discussion and or videos of such. Don't worry I wouldn't lift a finger to help Google or any other left wing company do anything like that.
Correct me if I am wrong.
BRB, reporting all drone channels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom