DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You've landed in a safe place after a scare... and you're still hosed...

Apocalypso

Reactions
OMG watch this video.

Now, this guy realized he was in trouble, landed the Mavic Pro, and it took off again on it's own and crashed! I'm skeptical that could happen, but he seems to know what he's talking about....

Is there no limit to the scenarios to screw up and lose this thing?

OK, I'm reading his comments now, apparently he thinks the rotors never stopped fully, he didn't do the 3 plus thing long enough, and it took off and auto RTH because of battery condition. Seems plausible, but man, that sucks.

And he thinks using Auto Land would have prevented the Auto RTH?

Reactions: brucey
There's an entire thread by the author on this forum with discussion. Likely conclusion is he either didn't hold long enough, or the drone lost connection when touching down so that it never got that order.

Reactions: Apocalypso
There's an entire thread by the author on this forum with discussion. Likely conclusion is he either didn't hold long enough, or the drone lost connection when touching down so that it never got that order.

OK, sorry for the repeat. Also clear he was flying in winds way above the MP limit and no way he had line of site.

Here's the thread, which I never saw, so maybe some will see this thread and learn...

Bye Bye Mavic - How to lose it in 5 easy steps... (and how not to)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair