DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yx battery adapter read by Kweisi meter (am I reading this correctly?)

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
One of the forum members was saying that different cables provide different efficiency in charging the MM batteries. I was curious, so for $8 I bought one. I had previously purchased one (then another) of those Yx battery adapters for the MM batteries. I'd already owned two QC 3.0 chargers so at around $12 each they were cheap. My experience was that my MM batteries charged in about 80 minutes, but I wanted to see if the meter told me anything. I'm just not sure how to read it.

Am I correct in interpreting the readings below as the battery taking 2858mah and being fully charged from low batter state in 81 minutes? When it's charging it's pretty cool how it tells me how many volts it's charging at. My only other question is, with the QC 3.0 while the voltage can be as high as 12v, the amps tend to drop as the voltage increases. While I have no complaints about the charge time, am I correct in seeing that higher voltage lower amps charges faster than a standard 5.12v at something near 3 amps?

Kweisi.JPGMiniBatteryAdapter_wPlugnCable.jpg

Reactions: halifax
The speed of charge would be determined by the wall block u use as opposed to the cord. I use wall block that came with Samsung phone which is a fast charging block it charges the battery while on the drone fairly quick. I don’t believe that the cord itself makes much if any difference

The speed of charge would be determined by the wall block u use as opposed to the cord. I use wall block that came with Samsung phone which is a fast charging block it charges the battery while on the drone fairly quick. I don’t believe that the cord itself makes much if any difference

Unlike you, even with the same charging block, QC 3.0 24 watt, in comparison I found charging the drone directly was pathetically slow. 3 hours or so directly, slightly better in the charging base. The adapters with the same charging block about 80 minutes from just being critically drained to fully charged. I can now charge all three batteries simultaneously, two of them in less than 90 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929