DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Zambia and Madagascar September 2019

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a trip I did a little more than 2 years ago. I had just started using my little red Mavic Air 1, and of course, no drones were allowed on the safari part, in Zambia. The drone clips are incorporated in the Madagascar portion. The entire video is 24 1/2 minutes long so this is only for those of you are avid adventure travelers or armchair travelers wishing to go to these exotic places.

This is a video of our travels in September, 2019 to Zambia's South Luangwa National Park for a photographic safari with the famous professional wildlife photographer, Peter Geraedts for 6 days, and then travel to the country of Madagascar for a 12 day circle tour of three top areas to see lemurs, chameleons, and amazing flora in the difficult to travel country of Madagascar. Infrastructure is poor, with deeply potholed roads, sub-standard lodging, hot temperatures with no AC, and minimal electricity.
A multi-media approach includes still photography with a Nikon DSLR, and videos from timelapse photography, drone photography with the Mavic Air 1 drone, the Osmo Action video camera , and iPhone video. The Zambia portion runs 7 1/2 minutes from 0:00:00 to 00:07:28. The Madagascar portion runs from 00:07:28 to 00:23:53:12, or 16:25 minutes. No drones were allowed in Zambia, but there are drone segments in the Madagascar video. Editing took 4 weeks of 12 hour days. Although thousands of images were taken, I Photoshopped the betters slides to 573 images from which I selected those used in this show. I selected from over 183 videos including drone videos, timelapse, Osmo Action video, and even iPhone X xs Max videos. Music was sourced from my subscription to Musicbed.com.

All comments are welcomed.

This is a trip I did a little more than 2 years ago. I had just started using my little red Mavic Air 1, and of course, no drones were allowed on the safari part, in Zambia. The drone clips are incorporated in the Madagascar portion. The entire video is 24 1/2 minutes long so this is only for those of you are avid adventure travelers or armchair travelers wishing to go to these exotic places.

This is a video of our travels in September, 2019 to Zambia's South Luangwa National Park for a photographic safari with the famous professional wildlife photographer, Peter Geraedts for 6 days, and then travel to the country of Madagascar for a 12 day circle tour of three top areas to see lemurs, chameleons, and amazing flora in the difficult to travel country of Madagascar. Infrastructure is poor, with deeply potholed roads, sub-standard lodging, hot temperatures with no AC, and minimal electricity.
A multi-media approach includes still photography with a Nikon DSLR, and videos from timelapse photography, drone photography with the Mavic Air 1 drone, the Osmo Action video camera , and iPhone video. The Zambia portion runs 7 1/2 minutes from 0:00:00 to 00:07:28. The Madagascar portion runs from 00:07:28 to 00:23:53:12, or 16:25 minutes. No drones were allowed in Zambia, but there are drone segments in the Madagascar video. Editing took 4 weeks of 12 hour days. Although thousands of images were taken, I Photoshopped the betters slides to 573 images from which I selected those used in this show. I selected from over 183 videos including drone videos, timelapse, Osmo Action video, and even iPhone X xs Max videos. Music was sourced from my subscription to Musicbed.com.

I watched the whole video the words that come to mind are Enlightenment, Passion, and the Journey of the ages.

Its better than most anything I have ever seen on the subject on Netflix or National Geographic specials. Its something that I will share with my family.

Its so good that i actually felt like I was landing in Africa and I cant thank you enough for sharing this .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Jungles of Africa. lol

I watched the whole video the words that come to mind are Enlightenment, Passion, and the Journey of the ages.

Its better than most anything I have ever seen on the subject on Netflix or National Geographic specials. Its something that I will share with my family.

Its so good that i actually felt like I was landing in Africa and I cant thank you enough for sharing this .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Jungles of Africa. lol

To Phantomrain
You made my day!

One of the best days of our lives was the day we had the lemurs climbing all over us.

Thanks for watching. I have a lifetime of shows like this! As photography grew, so did my shows. It is really difficult to encapsulate such a trip into a 3 minute video. If you liked this (as they say in Netflix) you might want to also watch
Gorillas- Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Uganda.
Iceland,
and
Puglia/Sicily

among others on my Vimeo site.

Reactions: Bernard
To Phantomrain
You made my day!

One of the best days of our lives was the day we had the lemurs climbing all over us.

Thanks for watching. I have a lifetime of shows like this! As photography grew, so did my shows. It is really difficult to encapsulate such a trip into a 3 minute video. If you liked this (as they say in Netflix) you might want to also watch
Gorillas- Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Uganda.
Iceland,
and
Puglia/Sicily

among others on my Vimeo site.

LOL - I think were going to have to a Dale - D video party over here tonight ? , Thanks Dale..

The Vimeo links don't work! I'm in France, is it due to a music copyright?

I just checked all the vimeo links are working,, they even play on this page itself, they dont open in another page.

Try your phone, ipad or desktop and see what happens , but i do not think it is copy right protection causing the problem.

Phantomrain.org

Dear Bernard in Aix-en-Provence ( which, by the way, is so lovely- I've been there several times)

I am sorry that you are not able to open the Vimeo links. Please try to go directly through my Vimeo page. You will have to search farther than the first page (keep clicking where it says "MORE"). The various videos on different pages chronologically. Here is the link to my Vimeo page. Please give me a follow up either way (e.g.: if you were able to view or not able to view the videos). Bon chance.! (good luck).

Dear Bernard in Aix-en-Provence ( which, by the way, is so lovely- I've been there several times)

I am sorry that you are not able to open the Vimeo links. Please try to go directly through my Vimeo page. You will have to search farther than the first page (keep clicking where it says "MORE"). The various videos on different pages chronologically. Here is the link to my Vimeo page. Please give me a follow up either way (e.g.: if you were able to view or not able to view the videos). Bon chance.! (good luck).

I've checked again and now, all the links are OK! I don't know what happenned... Many thanks, I'll discover your vids tonight! ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've checked again and now, all the links are OK! I don't know what happenned... Many thanks, I'll discover your vids tonight! ?
Hope you enjoy them- My best effort was Iceland, and the Gorillas, but Greece was also up there but has no drone footage. I have evolved from pure slide shows to slide shows with video (because of timelapse), and then I added drone video.

Hope you enjoy them- My best effort was Iceland, and the Gorillas, but Greece was also up there but has no drone footage. I have evolved from pure slide shows to slide shows with video (because of timelapse), and then I added drone video.
Thank you very much for these videos which I watched with interest! Some pictures are amazing and the gorilla video is impressive ...! I myself have worked and lived in different African countries but at that time of course I did not have a drone and I only practiced photography. I evolved like you from slide shows to video ..... I really started to edit videos afterwards my trip to Tanzania in 2014 (still without a drone) and Namibia. Some videos of these trips are on my YT channel (Bernard L) and photos on my Flick channel (camera aix’s albums | Flickr).

Thank you very much for these videos which I watched with interest! Some pictures are amazing and the gorilla video is impressive ...! I myself have worked and lived in different African countries but at that time of course I did not have a drone and I only practiced photography. I evolved like you from slide shows to video ..... I really started to edit videos afterwards my trip to Tanzania in 2014 (still without a drone) and Namibia. Some videos of these trips are on my YT channel (Bernard L) and photos on my Flick channel (camera aix’s albums | Flickr).
I just spent about 30 minutes viewing some of your You Tube videos! You certainly are PROLIFIC!!!! I enjoyed every one of them. I looked at some of the places we have visited in common such as Sossusvlei (Namibia), many places in your native country of France, Greece, and others. I see we are similar in our photographic tastes of using multimedia (slides, panning using key frames, video sources, etc.).

My first reaction is- there is so much to see and photograph with my drone and video cameras, and so little time left to see it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernard
" My first reaction is- there is so much to see and photograph with my drone and video cameras, and so little time left to see it all. "
It's so true! ?
I'm glad you liked some of my videos, many thanks!

Dale, this one was fantastic. I loved every minute of it. It showed your incredibly wonderful experience in a very personal way. Bravo!

Dale, this one was fantastic. I loved every minute of it. It showed your incredibly wonderful experience in a very personal way. Bravo!

Thanks so much for watching and I am really happy you enjoyed it. Your comments are what makes all of the work worth the effort. I do these videos mostly for my own memoirs but I also love to share them with like minded photographers and travelers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+