DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom Super resolution shot?

crazyju

Reactions
I am sure I am missing something very simple here. I can take the super resolution shot, but when I open the sd card it is split into each individual shot. Where is the stitched picture?

It should be in the same folder as normal ***** and videos unless you're in a hurry and press the shutter/change mode after it's taken the last picture but before it's done stitching, which would cancel it.

Yes, The pano folder is there with the 10 or so individual shots, but the stitched image is not in the media folder.

I am having the same issue. I don't find the resulting Pan. I've been assembling using 3rd party software on my computer. I turned off RAW since it was suggested that it would not work with RAW files. That did not fix the situation.

But I do wonder what the TENTH image is since only nine images are used to construct the Pan. And the tenth is NOT the constructed Pan.

That Facebook link is neat but it does not show what I guess would be the final step - where or how the Pan is constructed.

Reactions: FlyBoyRez
I was going off memory, It is indeed only 9 images. I have mine set to to both jpg/raw. Maybe I need to turn off raw?

It should be in the same folder as normal ***** and videos unless you're in a hurry and press the shutter/change mode after it's taken the last picture but before it's done stitching, which would cancel it.

I tried this 9 different times yesterday, and waited until the pop up that says it is complete came up.

I was going off memory, It is indeed only 9 images. I have mine set to to both jpg/raw. Maybe I need to turn off raw?

NO! Actually, there are TEN images in the folder but it is not the Pan. When I was still using Raw, there were TEN raw images - the nine separate shots and one additional. But that tenth was not a consolidated pan. Not sure what it was.

After I changed to jpg, there were still ten but, again, it was not a consolidated Pan.

Actually, when I've taken any of the pans (horiz, vertical and 180), none get constructed. Again, I used a 3rd party program on my computer. And, I, too, have waited till it completes the pan and flashes the prompt.

The 10th image is is just a normal single shot version of the same thing at the wide angle setting. Probably so you can compare that with the super-res version...

Reactions: ff22
The 10th image is is just a normal single shot version of the same thing at the wide angle setting. Probably so you can compare that with the super-res version...

That was kind of the impression I got from viewing it.

Still not sure why I have to build the Pan myself using other programs or apps.

I'm going through the same crap with super rez. I'm not going to stress over it which i say that but probably will anyways since it was bought up.I get a folder full of pictures, nothing stitched....so i guess i will figure it out eventually.

That was kind of the impression I got from viewing it.

Still not sure why I have to build the Pan myself using other programs or apps.

The 10th frame so to speak is actually the first which the 2Z uses as a reference frame for the 9 subsequent ones...

The 10th frame so to speak is actually the first which the 2Z uses as a reference frame for the 9 subsequent ones...

I understand that, but I do not have the super resolution shot in my media folder. Does it not stitch on its own?

Apologies - @Kilrah mentioned they thought the ‘low res’ shot was taken so you could compare to the super res one and you said you got that impression too.

Was just explaining what the low res shot was actually for.

With regards to the issue you’re having it does sound like somehow you are accidentally killing the routine before it’s finished. It can take a couple of minutes for it to get done.

Apologies - @Kilrah mentioned they thought the ‘low res’ shot was taken so you could compare to the super res one and you said you got that impression too.

Was just explaining what the low res shot was actually for.

With regards to the issue you’re having it does sound like somehow you are accidentally killing the routine before it’s finished. It can take a couple of minutes for it to get done.

no apologies needed danny. :) I appreciate all of the help. I just cant figure it out. I am waiting until i get the message that super resolution is complete, just cant find the file afterwards.

FWIW, I just came back from a flight where I took a couple of super rez panos..

All I got for each super resolution shot was a single stitched 8000x4000 JPG image.. There were no other mages on the card.

I had the camera set to RAW. I noticed that when I chose super res pano, the camera mode switched to JPG on its own. After exiting super res, it switched back to RAW.

Not sure why my luck was a little different.. I do recall seeing an option somewhere in the camera settings to "save originals". Can't recall what it was about, but I remember I turned the option off.

Reactions: wsteele and ff22
I will have to try again but I've shot about five or six super-res pans and none of them have been assembled. I get the 10 images. Initially I shot in raw and had ten raw - the smaller, overall image and then the nine from the panning. At least two of those shoots. Then changed to jpg. Same results, ten images but no consolidated PAN. Not on the card, not in Internal Memory and not on my tablet (device). It can't be this mysterious. Or can it?

Reactions: wsteele
Maybe try turning off the "save originals" option, take a shot and see if it's there? Then turn it back on?

I don't have a single super-res that didn't get its stitched version... even if I don't care about it since I'm always going to stitch the originals myself anyway, so much better - maybe we can swap? :p

Maybe try turning off the "save originals" option, take a shot and see if it's there? Then turn it back on?

I don't have a single super-res that didn't get its stitched version... even if I don't care about it since I'm always going to stitch the originals myself anyway, so much better - maybe we can swap? :p

Mine has not gone anywhere exceptional. We are very restricted in Seattle. I might try dragging it to the mountains. Now I would like to see some Pans and videos from Switzerland. Got any of the Matterhorn? (g) I hiked the Haute Route a number of years back.

I don't recall if the super res gets sent to your phone in-flight with the regular HD photos. I'll check next time. I always have to plug the memory card to get the 4k videos to my computer, so never paid attention to when I got my super res photos.

But as some else mentioned, if you can view by image size, its the 8000 x 6000 photo. The others are 4000 x 3000.
Its never in the Panorama folder, as you can turn that option off to not save the individual files. Always in with the other photos.

I would actually rather DJI let the app stitch the photos together, I assume its burning battery juice doing this inside the drone. Every little bit helps to fly longer!

Reactions: terence2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123