DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom using the gimbal control wheel

Just seen a video where it shows you can hold down the fn button and use the control wheel of the gimbal to zoom in and out. Not tried it yet so will get the MA2 up in the tonight and give it a go.

Fantastic news ? just tried this and can confirm it works and feels really natural as opposed to using a touch screen

right on!! thank you

Thanks for the tip on the new feature. Will give it a try today. Be safe.

Reactions: Digi_t
Just keeps getting better and better. Every week seems to convince me that choosing the MA2 as my next drone was a good one.

Awaiting Smart Controller compatibility :p In earlier computer days we faced the same dilemma: Buy today or wait for the next great processor/features.

Reactions: jmorales71
Now if we could get gimble panning by holding the rec mode button and the gimble wheel, that would be dope !
I mostly fail when trying to do it by dragging my finger on the screen.

Every time I touch my screen it wants to highlight a target, so my MA2 gimbal won't pan up/down/left or right.

I tried the FN button and gimbal wheel "zoom" feature today. Use during video recording. Cool addition. I like.

Now if we could get gimble panning by holding the rec mode button and the gimble wheel, that would be dope !
I mostly fail when trying to do it by dragging my finger on the screen.
This would be awesome!!!

Just seen a video where it shows you can hold down the fn button and use the control wheel of the gimbal to zoom in and out. Not tried it yet so will get the MA2 up in the tonight and give it a go.

Thanks for the info, helpful...let all the tips and tricks unfold steadily..:p

Reactions: Digi_t
Every time I touch my screen it wants to highlight a target, so my MA2 gimbal won't pan up/down/left or right.
Try holding down on the screen in the area of the X,Y gimbal axes when they come on screen. Persevere, if the target box appears. There is a knack to it. Then drag on screen and zoom with F+dial.

I like the new zoom features so much I decided to use a custom stick configuration to swap the yaw to the right stick so it frees up my left hand to fully control the camera zoom and pan.

It takes a bit getting use to flying using only the right stick for forward/backward and turning and I recommend anyone that tries this turn on the disable sideways flight option to avoid flying sideways on the left stick while getting use to the yaw on the right.

Being able to fly forward, and turn to your subject while zooming in and out is very cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike