DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zooming during long exposure?

Is there a way to zoom during a long photograph exposure to get the zoom effect?
What effect you're talking about? Can you show an example?
Moving/zooming would make the photo blurry.

Interesting. You might try but I think this effect is done in editing.
I’ve done it with my dslr in camera. Can’t seem to get the M2Z to do it. Seems
like it should be able to though. Doesn’t make sense.

I’ve done it with my dslr in camera. Can’t seem to get the M2Z to do it. Seems
like it should be able to though. Doesn’t make sense.
Try flying forward or back while the shutter is open.

The Mavic will not stay in the same position long enough for that type of photograph. Although they are very stable and good for a sharp photograph down to around 1/30 sec, they are constantly hunting the demanded position. If you go much slower then you’ll most likely get motion blur unless yr very lucky. You need about 1/8 to 1/2 sec & a tripod for a zoom blur. Photographers doing event photography often use a flash set to rear curtain so the the final part of the zoomed image is sharpened by the flash.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The Mavic will not stay in the same position long enough for that type of photograph. Although they are very stable and good for a sharp photograph down to around 1/30 sec, they are constantly hunting the demanded position. If you go much slower then you’ll most likely get motion blur unless yr very lucky. You need about 1/8 to 1/2 sec & a tripod for a zoom blur. Photographers doing event photography often use a flash set to rear curtain so the the final part of the zoomed image is sharpened by the flash.
Thank you. I’m getting 5-8 second crisp exposures now which is why I wanted to try a zoomed exposure.

Attachments

• CB143EAF-9841-4770-AE95-A45FEDBF12E3.jpeg
    CB143EAF-9841-4770-AE95-A45FEDBF12E3.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
Its not super sharp but pretty good for 5 secs. But why did u shoot at f11? You set the exposure manually, u should has used f2.8 or 3.2 and maybe upped the ISO to 200 and you'd have been able to shoot at ⅛ or 1/16 with a much better chance of a sharp really image. The original was under exposed by 2 stops so I assume you've brightened it up in post, hence the grainy sky. To be honest, the best way to get the effect yr looking for is to get the best, sharpest low noise image the do a zoom blur in Photoshop. Thanks for sharing, it is quite impressive, I don't have the zoom, I have the M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser