DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this battery fixable?

thispilothere

Reactions
I dropped a battery on a wood floor and this was the damage. Is this fixable? Can I bend the pins back and have it function normally or is it trash?

dsFxlSj.jpg

Only one way to find out! However, It could potentially fry your Air 2, if not successful. Depends upon your risk tolerance to save the cost of replacing the battery. I'd wouldn’t risk it myself. Battery could also be damaged inside, even if the pins are restored to their original shape.

Reactions: thispilothere
It looks to me like there are 10 pairs of contacts and that each pair is designed to 'squeeze' one pin.
Numbering left to right what worries me are pairs 3 & 4, they look to have lost the spacer that 'should' be between them, meaning that the right side of pair 3 and the left side of pair 4 are unsupported, I would worry they would lose contact with the pin.
I do not know if that would cause a battery error but is it worth the risk.
I also have some concern about spacers 4 & 5 (3 seemingly being missing) and whether or not spacers 4 & 5 will survive straighteneing.
If you like fixing things watch ebay for a knackered battery and see it you could remove this connector from the knackered battery and use it to fix yours?

Reactions: thispilothere
Yeah, without a new spacer assembly, I think the connection would be unstable in flight. Ah well.

Ebay has tons of "DJI Intelligent Battery for Mavic Air 2/2S -2 Pack DJI Certified Refurbished" for sale. Are all of them about the same quality? $82 for 2 refurb batteries seems low.

Yep everything is fixable but do you want to take the chance? Air 2, Air 2s Batteries can be purchased very cheaply In fact they are one of the most reasonably priced batteries on the Ebay Market for 45-55 bucks for a used or new batt. I myself would just get another one or as Yorkshire said you can buy an empty case and fix it that way I wouldn't try prying things apart and hope they contact the same as the old one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting