Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just picked mine up

LeSchmoo

Reactions
Observations:
* All batteries seem to be closer to empty than 60%
* Day one firmware upgrade is 40Mb v01.00.0200
* My handset started to beep during upgrade due to low battery (but it completed fine)
* During the initial connect it set some locale specific "stuff" - no options just a notification, I suspect it was the local fly maps
* Handset only has one USB port so need to share with phone connection / charger

Am charging everything now...

Reactions: scooot
Observations:
* All batteries seem to be closer to empty than 60%
* Day one firmware upgrade is 40Mb v01.00.0200
* My handset started to beep during upgrade due to low battery (but it completed fine)
* During the initial connect it set some locale specific "stuff" - no options just a notification, I suspect it was the local fly maps
* Handset only has one USB port so need to share with phone connection / charger

Am charging everything now...
Keep us updated ?

Observations II:
* Battery lights blink to indicate charging
* Battery lights blink faster when charging with a "quick" charger
* Batteries charge one at a time (left to right, actually they charge by which one already has the most charge)
* My phone only _just_ fits with its bumper on: OnePlus 6T
* Batteries charge very very slowly when you sit there looking at them...

Last edited:
My notes:
*Haven't found a way to turn the drone off, only by removing the battery.
*Removing the battery with the 360 guards on is... difficult...
*Connecting the cable to the phone while trying to attach it to the remote is... very difficult...

On that last point, for a drone that should be easy to throw and fly, that RC breaks it. It is several minutes of struggling to connect/attach the phone and RC finally.

Question: the DJI app videos show how to replace the RC cable to match your phone connection; in that video, they show a SLIDER that helps to keep the cable inside.
My RC did NOT have that slider. Did anyone received an RC with a slider?
DJI support said it was not needed for the MM. (???)
received_462643507697878.jpegreceived_819029471833364.jpeg

My notes:
*Connecting the cable to the phone while trying to attach it to the remote is... very difficult...

On that last point, for a drone that should be easy to throw and fly, that RC breaks it. It is several minutes of struggling to connect/attach the phone and RC finally.

Question: the DJI app videos show how to replace the RC cable to match your phone connection; in that video, they show a SLIDER that helps to keep the cable inside.
View attachment 85328View attachment 85329
Regarding turning off: Power button on the bottom. Press once, release, then immediately press and hold until the lights power down.

Regarding the cable slider, these come on the Mavic Air and Pro, but not on the Mini. No loss whatsoever! The sliders aren't very effective as the cable keeps popping out, so most people don't use it anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aragon and fRog2
My notes:

View attachment 85328View attachment 85329
The best way to connect the RC cable is to plug it into the controller first, then widen the arms beyond the width of the phone. Thread the cable into position and then plug it into the phone. Finally clamp the arms around it.

Reactions: Aragon and fRog2
Regarding turning off: Power button on the bottom. Press once, release, then press and hold until the lights power down.

Regarding the cable slider, these come on the Mavic Air and Pro, but not on the Mini. No loss whatsoever! The sliders aren't very effective as the cable keeps popping out, so most people don't use it anyway.

Exactly this, I suspect it only works with iPhones, with both of my androids the slider has to be removed to fit them in and plug the cable in anyway so no loss there!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark