DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3E Unknown error (0x1C001003)

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just wanted to share with the forum a recent challenge I had with the M3E. I had a good working M3E and used it heavily and then late last year got the "maintenance required" check engine light suggesting it was time for a maintenance service. I sent it in for DJI servicing, and found that just like with the repair service, they actually just send back a replacement drone. I was good with this, and think this is a great way to do it.

Now the replacement drone I put into service in December. Upon using this for jobs, I found a number of "unknown errors" would pop up at very random times, but usually associated with me trying to change from wide to tele, or using hi-res grid shooting, or panos. Error messages always said unknown, and had (0x1C001002) and (0x1C001003). Usually when these would happen the camera would go unresponsive to further commands, I would fly it back, and then sometimes it would start working, other times, had to power down, etc.

At the time, I was not figuring out what was going on, and it was random enough i did not take time to investigate. After finally googling, I found the 1003 error in the SDK, but it was in Chinese only and had no english translation. I translated in Google Translate and it was "camera chip overheated" which totally explains now why it was failiing on some shots. I can especially see panoramas etc where no air is floing through the drone. The interesting thing is that even though i live in a desert climate, I had this starting in December when it can be quite chilly. So long story short, I think I just got a bum unit back from DJI on my maintenance service.

I am already getting it replaced by DJI service using an expresss service, so not worried about the outcome, but just wanted to share in case anyone else gets these unknown errors or camera glitches. My previous M3E definitely did NOT have the same issue even when flying in very warm weather, so I believe this is an isolated failure.

I just wanted to share with the forum a recent challenge I had with the M3E. I had a good working M3E and used it heavily and then late last year got the "maintenance required" check engine light suggesting it was time for a maintenance service. I sent it in for DJI servicing, and found that just like with the repair service, they actually just send back a replacement drone. I was good with this, and think this is a great way to do it.

Now the replacement drone I put into service in December. Upon using this for jobs, I found a number of "unknown errors" would pop up at very random times, but usually associated with me trying to change from wide to tele, or using hi-res grid shooting, or panos. Error messages always said unknown, and had (0x1C001002) and (0x1C001003). Usually when these would happen the camera would go unresponsive to further commands, I would fly it back, and then sometimes it would start working, other times, had to power down, etc.

At the time, I was not figuring out what was going on, and it was random enough i did not take time to investigate. After finally googling, I found the 1003 error in the SDK, but it was in Chinese only and had no english translation. I translated in Google Translate and it was "camera chip overheated" which totally explains now why it was failiing on some shots. I can especially see panoramas etc where no air is floing through the drone. The interesting thing is that even though i live in a desert climate, I had this starting in December when it can be quite chilly. So long story short, I think I just got a bum unit back from DJI on my maintenance service.

I am already getting it replaced by DJI service using an expresss service, so not worried about the outcome, but just wanted to share in case anyone else gets these unknown errors or camera glitches. My previous M3E definitely did NOT have the same issue even when flying in very warm weather, so I believe this is an isolated failure.

I have the same "maintenance required " so my question is this the case for that you don't get the drone you bought ,paid for (own) back .My drone has zero problems so why do I need to send it in for inspection only to have it replaced for no reason ?

Reactions: TonyPHX
I have the same "maintenance required " so my question is this the case for that you don't get the drone you bought ,paid for (own) back .My drone has zero problems so why do I need to send it in for inspection only to have it replaced for no reason ?
I agree with your statement in practice. I got less than ideal results from the "switch-out". They don't really do the maintenance as described as far as I know plus you have the down-time. In theory, it seems like a good idea and best practice of course to tune-up at regular intervals and inspect of course. I suspect all of us do this to some degree anyways as responsible operators.

The story did end well, the replacement works fine, no such defect as I mentioned in the original post. Your mileage may vary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf