DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW LAW IN MEXICO AS OF OCTOBER 2023

Based on what? Personal experience? In-country observation?

I saw nothing to support that claim during three weeks from the mountains to the Yucatan in February.
Not to say cartels run Mexico, but anyone who thinks the cartels do not have power, authority, and influence in most facets of the Mexican government and that the government isn’t actively cooperating with them in many aspects is plain ignorance. And no, it is not something a typical tourist would see with the naked eye when visiting the country for a short time (unless they are kidnapped and held for ransom).

Recent visit to Rocky Point just last weekend by car. During the normal inspection by the Mexican folks, they found my Air2S in its hard case. This individual pulled something up on his phone that basically said drones weren’t allowed. Anyone can put anything on a phone. I was given a choice. Turn around or pay his 100.00 fee.
I offered 20.00 which was then countered to 40.00. Two twenties and I was on my way. Didn’t want to disrupt the travel plans over someone else’s need for feeding their family.

Not to say cartels run Mexico, but anyone who thinks the cartels do not have power, authority, and influence in most facets of the Mexican government and that the government isn’t actively cooperating with them in many aspects is plain ignorance. And no, it is not something a typical tourist would see with the naked eye when visiting the country for a short time (unless they are kidnapped and held for ransom).
I was replying directly to the hyperbole in a previous post - "The cartels run Mexico, not the gov't."

I'm not suggesting that they have no influence, and I am not ignorant. I just object to hyperbolic and exaggerated claims that denigrate an entire nation. Citizens and long-time residents of Mexico have more insight into the situation than you or I do. I respect the opinions and observations that I heard in conversations with them.

We'd best drop this line of discussion and focus on the Mexican CAA's regulations for drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18