DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on Drone Ban Bill

99% of drones are made in china,iphones are made in china,android phones are made in china,last night i bought bag of plastic easter eggs filled with candy’s,on bag it says”product of china”……in my opinion its just bunch of useless politicians acting like they are concerned about safety of this country 👎
Preach!🙏
Congressmen, like most humans, care only about their own interests. They are the last people to care about the wants or needs of the average American citizen.

Having said that, my hope is that because DJI is now banned in the government sector, and because the big American drone manufacturers now only work with government organizations and no longer sell drones to consumers, they now have a free market to sell their goods with DJI out of the way. Banning DJI from the commercial market will not help American manufacturers as they do not sell to consumers anyway.

Here is a good excerpt from UAV Coach Regarding the New Law.

Here are the broad strokes:

• Starting December 2025, the government is prohibited from using federal funds to purchase drones made in China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea OR drones that use certain components* made in those countries.
  • Also starting December 2025, the government is prohibited from operating drones made in those countries.
  • The ban is in place through December 2028.
*These components are called “associated elements” in the law, and include elements related to the collection and transmission of sensitive information that enable the operator to operate the aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS).
likely they will do like here in NC and the NCEM contracts out work to contractors flying DJI with no issue.

Here are the broad strokes:

• Starting December 2025, the government is prohibited from using federal funds to purchase drones made in China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea OR drones that use certain components* made in those countries.
  • Also starting December 2025, the government is prohibited from operating drones made in those countries.
  • The ban is in place through December 2028.
So, a three year ban? Then what? Business as usual?
Hmmm...sounds just like the assault weapons ban of 1996, which also had a "sunset" time. Business as usual and I appreciate your vote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18