DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thunderdrones

He and his "employee" are out on bail now
He has 9 charges including
  • GIVING TO OR POSSESSION BY INMATES PROHIBITED ITEMS
  • TRADING WITH INMATES WITHOUT CONSENT OF WARDEN OR SUPERINTENDENT
  • VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS) ACT
Going to be interesting to watch how this all plays out
Do you have a link to the news of his bail?

Do you have a link to the news of his bail?
He and his "employee" are out on bail now
He has 9 charges including
  • GIVING TO OR POSSESSION BY INMATES PROHIBITED ITEMS
  • TRADING WITH INMATES WITHOUT CONSENT OF WARDEN OR SUPERINTENDENT
  • VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS) ACT
Going to be interesting to watch how this all plays out
If he can afford a good attorney,the Rico charges will be dropped.The others may result in short jail time.Just my NSHO after taking a couple of law classes in college.

Reactions: anotherlab
I would think since we've heard many of these stories, prisons would deploy some type of signal jammer or geo-fencing that would keep this type of incursion from happening. Of course, there would always be those who would find a work-around. Just my opinion.

I think that was the purpose of thunderdrones involvement, modifying drones to circumvent current geofencing

Reactions: Prop Wash
I would think since we've heard many of these stories, prisons would deploy some type of signal jammer or geo-fencing that would keep this type of incursion from happening. Of course, there would always be those who would find a work-around. Just my opinion.
A few years back a woman hired a helicopter flight from airport near one of the prisons in Australia. Once they took off she produced a weapon and forced the pilot to land in the prison yard to aid an escape.
Since then, cables have been installed across the prison yards to stop this. I cant imagine it would be that hard to net across areas that would permit contraband from being dropped into prison yards.

A few years back a woman hired a helicopter flight from airport near one of the prisons in Australia. Once they took off she produced a weapon and forced the pilot to land in the prison yard to aid an escape.
Since then, cables have been installed across the prison yards to stop this. I cant imagine it would be that hard to net across areas that would permit contraband from being dropped into prison yards.
To block something the size of a cell phone or package of drugs would require a mesh going across all of the open areas. The cost and continued maintenance would be expensive. Birds would rest on the mesh and there would be lawsuits filed by the inmates for cruel and unusual punishment for having to be covered in bird droppings.

The big problem that you will have with any measure that tries to block the distribution of contraband happens when corrections personnel are involved. You can have the best lock in the world on a door, but it's useless when it's unlocked from the inside.

One thing they could try is to have trained dogs patrol the grounds at night. They can be trained to recognize the sound of a drone flying overhead. Sniffing out dropped packages for drugs is an easy task. More and more service dogs are being trained to sniff out electronics, they could find cell phones that were dropped. Also an expensive solution, but effective.

but, as you say, its all pointless when there is help from the inside.

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf