DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 With Tablet

Murph66

Reactions
Hey folks, wonder if yous Air 3 guru's could help me with a quick question, I own a DJI Mini 2 SE that I fly with the use of a Samsung tablet, It's bigger and therefore I can see the screen more easily than a phone, the tablet obviously has the DJI FLY app downloaded and installed on it and works brilliantly with the SE.
However, I'm looking to get an Air 3 soon and would again prefer the tablet over the RC 2 with It's own screen, I think the RC 2 would again be too small for my eyesight so would opt for the cheaper version package with RC N2 controller which would suit me better and save me some cash.
Question is,
1. Would the DJI FLY app on the tablet let me use both the SE and the Air 3 on it ?
2. If booted up would it recognise it's an Air 3 that's connected not the SE and take me to a set up screen for the 3 ?
3. Tablet right now goes straight to the mini when started, is there a way to go back and set up a different Drone ?
Apologies but that's as easy as I can explain things.

Thanks for looking in,
Murph

Reactions: careless
I think the RC 2 would again be too small for my eyesight so would opt for the cheaper version package with RC N2 controller which would suit me better
I prefer a larger screen and use a similar setup with my Mavic 3 pro
i-N7dSQ2v-XL.jpg

Question is,
1. Would the DJI FLY app on the tablet let me use both the SE and the Air 3 on it ?
Yes
2. If booted up would it recognise it's an Air 3 that's connected not the SE and take me to a set up screen for the 3 ?
Yes
3. Tablet right now goes straight to the mini when started, is there a way to go back and set up a different Drone ?
You can set up whatever drone is connected.

Ahh, Thanks for the speedy reply @Meta4 , feel much better knowing that , your set up photo looks identical to mine ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Of note, you can connect the RC2 with an iPad.

I would recommend sticking with the cables listed in the video above. I got another “4k@60” USB-C to HDMI cable and it didn’t work, but my “uni” brand UsB-C cable did.

Here are the steps I use to connect.

Connection to iPad

• Ensure Orion is closed out of iPad
  • Turn on RC2 controller
  • Plug in USB-C to HDMI out to RC2
  • Plug HDMI male into HDMI Capture card cable/dongle
  • Launch HDMI Orion app
  • Plug HDMI Capture card USB-C side into ipad. Takes approximately 10-15 seconds

Reactions: Murph66
I went with a tablet and I'm glad I did. On a side note, I also got a bluetooth mouse & haptic feedback stylus. Now when I want to make a waypoint mission, I mirror the tablet screen to my TV, and the pointing devices allows me to place points with far more precision than fingertips will allow.

If you also want to be able to see the display under sunlight , the TRIPLTEK is the best option

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear