DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any methods of unlocking geo zones? Any dji fly app with zones unlocked?

pilifida

Reactions
Hello.
Context: drone user for 7-8 years. I.ve flown only in mountainous areas. I think i unlocked a geo zone - dji request style like 2 times. Never needed it.

Now: a friend asked me to make some photos of it s house, at the edge of a city. Zone is locked. Cannot unlock it since i need the eu certification. Is there possible to unlock it in a dodgy way for just 10 minutes? Or it is over with "geozone hacks"?

I hope i am not breaking any rules. Thx!

Geo Zones should be eliminated. I have discussed this many times with DJI. Each time they tell me I can unlock...only if I have cell service or wi-fi. The problem is that must be done in advance of the flight. If flying in one place, that would work. I go many different places other than planned as I travel with no service, and after getting LAANC approval, I can't fly. DJI tells me it was iimplemented so we wouldn't fly illegally. Really? If they were that concerned, why do they build drones that fly miles from the operator? Have they heard of VLOS? People are going to fly in places where they shouldn't. Just like those who drive 37 to 45 in a 30mph zone. If LAANC approves a flight, we should be able to fly. I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Reactions: boatdoc
so far the hack site s will not touch the newer firmware . The only way Dji allows flight in restricted zones is if the FAA gives written approval.You can then submit that written approval to DJI to get the drone unlocked to fly in the specified restricted airspace

the dji drones are very well built and can fly well in open air space . For those of us who need to unlock these dji restrictions, it is a long road

the FAA clearly states that it is the responsibility of the pilot to obey all laws and zone restrictions--PERIOD

I will pass on further dji purchases unles s they remove this kind of control over us

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02