DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Leveraging 4K and 60fps in post production

Dangerly

Reactions
I wanted to show off some of the post production stuff I've been playing with. I'm not claiming this is any great work of video or anything - it's more a playground for me to explore what I can do in post production, and how I might want to set up my video settings to best leverage that. So let's start with the video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For the first scene, I put the drone in T mode and I recorded in 4K60, with an ND16 filter on to compensate for the glare but still try to get some shadow. Wish I could have recorded in 4K60 HDR but that's not a thing. This let me capture the birds flying in super slow motion at the end. In post production, I used a smooth speed ramp to both speed up past some rocks, and then slow way down as the birds were taking off. I also saturated the color a bit.

1646261382049.png

The second scene was shot after the sun set, so I took off the ND filter for this one. Recorded at 4K30 HDR. In post production I gradually zoomed in to the center of the shot to bring the Golden Gate Bridge closer than it really was to the drone.

1646261329567.png
The final scene is just using a bunch of speed ramping to get to the money shot at the end.

1646261420379.png

Great Job !!!

Very nice editing. Usually I don’t finish a video and turn off the music. On your video, I watched the entire video and left the sound on. I think it was a successful exercise. Nicely done.

I think it's awesome!

Reactions: sarahb
I enjoyed watching your video

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lummers