DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint Mission to Mavic 3 Waypoint Mission converter

I have completed my “Litchi Waypoint Mission to Mavic 3 Waypoint Mission converter.

With this web application, one can design a waypoint mission from the comfort of your office on a large monitor using Litchi’s Mission Hub then convert that mission to one that can be flown with a Mavic 3.

This converter is brilliant. I will be testing this out next week with a photogrammetry mission I am planning for my M3 Classic.

I have a question though, do you know if waypoint missions created in the Pilot 2 app when exported in KMZ will translate correctly to the Fly app?

I was looking at this thread Pilot 2 apk on dji forum and I should be able to use the Pilot 2 app on an Samsung tablet I have, or better yet run it in a VM Android emulator on my PC (will try that over the weekend)

If one would create a waypoint mission in the Pilot 2, would the Fly app go bananas over all the extra/different parameters or might it read camera commands, poi etc correctly?

If not, would it be possible to create a converter and simply toss out all the "enterprise only" features for a clean waypoint kmz?

This converter is brilliant. I will be testing this out next week with a photogrammetry mission I am planning for my M3 Classic.

I have a question though, do you know if waypoint missions created in the Pilot 2 app when exported in KMZ will translate correctly to the Fly app?

I was looking at this thread Pilot 2 apk on dji forum and I should be able to use the Pilot 2 app on an Samsung tablet I have, or better yet run it in a VM Android emulator on my PC (will try that over the weekend)

If one would create a waypoint mission in the Pilot 2, would the Fly app go bananas over all the extra/different parameters or might it read camera commands, poi etc correctly?

If not, would it be possible to create a converter and simply toss out all the "enterprise only" features for a clean waypoint kmz?
In my experience the Fly app will go bananas, as in won't even show the waypoints, much less launch the mission.

I am sporadically working on a tool to convert Pilot 2 waypoints to Fly waypoints. I have identified a few enterprise only features. I got it to convert an obligue flight plan but it still doesn't work perfectly.

Even without Pilot 2 you can create enterprise flight plans in Flighthub 2.

In my experience the Fly app will go bananas, as in won't even show the waypoints, much less launch the mission.

I am sporadically working on a tool to convert Pilot 2 waypoints to Fly waypoints. I have identified a few enterprise only features. I got it to convert an obligue flight plan but it still doesn't work perfectly.

Even without Pilot 2 you can create enterprise flight plans in Flighthub 2.

Ok awesome. It's great to see how many talented people are working on this for the community, refusing to let DJI get away with nerfing consumer drone owners over SDK support. Basicly doing DJI's job for them.

I offer my assistance in testing the outputs and even assisting with the tool itself.

Then when these community flight mission solutions will get popular they will likely finally give in, come out with a "new feature" so you are locked into DJI software solutions and not using ardupilot or dronedeploy over their mission planner. Becuse in the end, they wan't you to buy an enterprise drone for this stuff, and if you are more used to these other services then DJI's own, what is to say you wouldnt buy another drone companies drone for your work since you are not solely trained on/used to DJI software :)

They won't. The primary reason is because DJI stores a drone identifier in the KMZ file. All consumer models (using DJI Fly) use the same drone ID. However, each DJI enterprise model uses a different drone ID. You will get an error if a KMZ file with a mismatching drone ID is loaded.

Another reason why it won't work is because DJI was not consistent in how they implemented the WPML language in their consumer and enterprise drones. Perhaps they were developed by different teams. The implementations are similar but different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111