DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip to Huntington Beach - can I fly? Seeking Local knowledge

Trivan

Reactions
will be heading to HB for a few days. I’ve been doing some research on if taking off and flying on the beach is allowed. I only found the following from the city:
City of Huntington Beach, CA - Huntington Beach Drone Information

Based on this, it does seems as long as one follows the recreational rules it’s allowed. I also found a number of post from 2017 where people say police have given them trouble.
I plan to fly early in the morning, over water, is this allowed?

I've flown drones on the beach twice without any issues. However, I was there for a special event which had a permit to rope off two fields. I don't think that would change anything though. I flew in 2016 and again in 2018.

Reactions: vproven
I’ve flow down there at dog beach just a little north of HB. no problems as it was kinda early. One guy sat and watched me for a little bit. I think he was amazed. I fly a spark btw but thinking of switching to the air. I think if I had something like a phantom people would react a little different. Btw. Those of you that fly or own the air how do you like it.

Thanks all. I’m back home now. I didn’t get to fly as when I had time the winds were to strong ☹️

Tallest building in Huntington Beach, California, as seen from the air. Video from a recent flight of my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone.

This was my first attempt at shooting video on D-Log/H.265.

Reactions: Djr01974
Oh no. Ive been flying the DJI Spark for almost a year now. She flies great and video is super clear. I've taken quite a few videos. I really was looking at getting something with longer flight time and distance although I was able to get just about a mile and half out of her. I don't really fly far away but knowing that I can and have a stable connection ie ,occusync and fly for a long while is great. I was on the fence between the pro and air. I love the size of the air, but its also WIFI. Once i had the Pro laid out on the kitchen table she isn't really that big.

Oh no. Ive been flying the DJI Spark for almost a year now. She flies great and video is super clear. I've taken quite a few videos. I really was looking at getting something with longer flight time and distance although I was able to get just about a mile and half out of her. I don't really fly far away but knowing that I can and have a stable connection ie ,occusync and fly for a long while is great. I was on the fence between the pro and air. I love the size of the air, but its also WIFI. Once i had the Pro laid out on the kitchen table she isn't really that big.
We'll have to go fly around the pier area soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear