DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

+1 for Thunderdrones for Mavic Pro repair and support (CRASH VIDEO)

SSMOKED

Reactions
Hey guys,

After I did something STUPID by trying to fly inside a barn and forgetting to turn off obstacle avoidance I had a nasty crash (video below) I needed the camera gimbal replaced. I didn't want to run the risk of replacing it myself and damaging something else. Some people here on the forum recommended "Thunderdrones" for service and he did an awesome job with super fast turnaround time. I hope to never NEED to deal with him again, however I would recommend him to anyone needing their drone serviced.

THANK YOU Rob at @Thunderdrones for helping me out with the repair and calibration. +++++++++

Enjoy the video of "Harry Hogge's" race car barn from the 1990 movie "Days of Thunder". The video didn't save on my SD card because the battery decided to land on the ground where as the drone itself landed on the 2nd floor. Thank goodness for YouTube live streaming. ;) "Days of Thunder" filming location. Mavic Pro CRASH.

No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

Thanks,

SSMOKED

You should use obstacle avoidance indoors. Admittedly it does put an excessive margin indoors. 3 ft from ceiling can put it quite low. What you should turn off is GPS, set fail-safe RTH to hover and disable low battery RTH, change its altitude or be sure to cancel within the 10 seconds.

You can recover the video on the sd card. It may be as simple as putting in the SD card in the AC and power up. If all the support files are there and pertain to the last video on it, it should properly close the file.
If not, there's a couple programs you can run against it to recover the video stream and apply the MP4 header.

Reactions: Drone_guy
I can 2nd that regarding Thunderdrones help with our drone problems. I PM’ed him regarding battery problems I was having with my old Phantom.
He answered straight away with a solution which I thought was 1st class.

Not tried it yet but will when I’ve got time & report back to him if it resolved the problem.Thumbswayup

Hey guys,

After I did something STUPID by trying to fly inside a barn and forgetting to turn off obstacle avoidance I had a nasty crash (video below) I needed the camera gimbal replaced. I didn't want to run the risk of replacing it myself and damaging something else. Some people here on the forum recommended "Thunderdrones" for service and he did an awesome job with super fast turnaround time. I hope to never NEED to deal with him again, however I would recommend him to anyone needing their drone serviced.

THANK YOU Rob at @Thunderdrones for helping me out with the repair and calibration. +++++++++

Enjoy the video of "Harry Hogge's" race car barn from the 1990 movie "Days of Thunder". The video didn't save on my SD card because the battery decided to land on the ground where as the drone itself landed on the 2nd floor. Thank goodness for YouTube live streaming. ;) "Days of Thunder" filming location. Mavic Pro CRASH.

No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

Thanks,

SSMOKED

I’m in the UK and have to say...yes I’ve heard Thunderdrones is the best. I’d trust him to repair my drone anytime, trust him to do a proper assessment and quote a fair price, not rip you off, and have it back as good as new...you really can’t ask for anything better.

Thanks for Sharing.
Once I tried but I could not use adviodance guidance inside a Building would not let me enter the opening.
Turned it off and did enter and like you it ping pong around the room.
When i retrieved it Found some scraps and i busted Rotor blade I wont do that again.....cR

Attachments

• DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark