Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 2024 totap eclipse at longest covered bridge in the world! 4k

life.in.nb

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hey folks! Recorded a video of the 2024 total eclipse in Eastern canada. Had clear skies for once! Was recorded in Hartland, New Brunswick at the World's longest covered bridge. I had no special filters available so had to record not aiming at the sun and got landscape until the sun was covered. I managed to capture the moon moving back off and the rays peeking before I had to aim down again.

Speaking of, can we get solar filters (other than ND 2000 which i dont think is enough) for our drones?

It was a quick edit and the fast camera movement was due to the fact I couldn't put it in cinema mode due to the wind gusts up at max altitude.

I did it in real time. No hyperlapse or timed shots.

2024 eclipse at worlds longest covered bridge 4k

Last edited:
Awesome!

I like that you had the camera on manual until it was dark. It showed just how dark it really gets under a total eclipse. Night time in the day time.

Reactions: life.in.nb
I like that you had the camera on manual until it was dark. It showed just how dark it really gets under a total eclipse. Night time in the day time.

Thanks! Yeah the mavic 3 has fantastic low light capability, so I knew leaving things on auto wouldnt show the full extent of what I was seeing. I probably could have jumped my iso up a bit more....it was a gamble. Haha.

Im happy with my decision to film in real time too. I originally was going to go with a timelapse or hyperlapse.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Yeah good call on the real time... I did a timelapse and it happened so fast you could barely see it get dark :(

Reactions: life.in.nb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga